John & Sonia RTE - 21st January 2017

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
List updated

Yeah, sorry if my posting caused some confusion.

All I was trying to say was that we're (rather obviously I suppose) not a café or restaurant here at PPH and so this RTE is necessarily different from virtually every other RTE (UK or European) that the IBAUK gets involved with. If there's no appetite (pardon the pun !! ) from enough people to hold the RTE here, then it makes the food somewhat difficult to organise.

I wasn't suggesting that we couldn't have some sort of "gathering" here, just simply that a PPH RTE as we have come to know it, is probably unlikely in future years if the numbers are going to be low.

bmbob

IBA Member
And a mighty fine group of people, Mark.
John and Sonia many thanks for the first RTE of 2017, as usual the food was great, just the thing on a cold morning.
Nice to see everyone, thanks to Gordon and Ziggy for the advice on my 590.
Hope to see you all in the West country in March.
Ride safe
Regards Bob

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Enjoyed the start of year meet. Good to see so many of the usual faces and natter.

Different type of obstacle course this year, not snow or excess gravel. Try to avoid spending too much at the bring and buy...... Seats, intercoms and advice.

Sonia, thank you for the fine lunch. Set me up for the rest of the day.

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
Just wanted to thank everyone for coming along - and again apologies for any misunderstanding I caused with my posting a few days ago.

As it happened, we had 19 people turn up (as per the photo) and there were also 3 others from the North Staffs TOMCC who came along to what they referred to as the "John Young Festival of Farkle" Lol !!

I don't think that they'd ever seen quite so many Sat Navs, auxiliary tanks and other goodies on so relatively few bikes before ..........

Lynn O'Kane

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome & I mean the most welcome cup of coffee I have had after a bike ride in a long time. I think it stemmed the hypothermia lol. It was lovley to meet you all and catch up about the forthcoming events etc. Cracking collection of Easy Rider Mopeds & I never did get to the bottom of that gear box bracket... Thank you for lunch and I look forward to seeing you again. Lynn

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Hi. Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome & I mean the most welcome cup of coffee I have had after a bike ride in a long time. I think it stemmed the hypothermia lol. It was lovley to meet you all and catch up about the forthcoming events etc. Cracking collection of Easy Rider Mopeds & I never did get to the bottom of that gear box bracket... Thank you for lunch and I look forward to seeing you again. Lynn
Don't mention the Gear Bracket; I think you got away with it, we'll see.......................................