Keys to Alaska

I would like to do the Fl. Keys to Alaska run. Anyone lead me in the right direction, for questions . I will be doing the run solo, in Aug.

With the gun laws in Canada being absurd. Is there an approved route, that one could use a ferry for part of the trip. Say from Washington state to Alaska. Of course the mileage would have to be made up although it already is by going to Washington state.

yon

Premier Member
With the gun laws in Canada being absurd. Is there an approved route, that one could use a ferry for part of the trip. Say from Washington state to Alaska. Of course the mileage would have to be made up although it already is by going to Washington state.
Here's a article on getting guns through Canada from the Alaskan Game and Fish Commission.
https://adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=695

Other considerations might be mailing it to a friend in Alaska or doing an FFL transfer to a gun store in Alaska.

As for ferrying, searching "ferrying a motorcycle from Washington to Alaska" brought up several articles and forum posts on the subject, along with pages for ferry/shipping services.

Couple examples:

Inside Passage Ferry to Anchorage

alaskaferry.com