Kilometres ridden.

HACKLE

After a rather different years riding I see that I have put 20,676 kilometres behind me. Not the highest I've done in a year, but still enough.
On another note, whilst re-reading one of the many books I have on my shelves, this one by Klaus Hueneke.... Mountain Landscapes and Historic Huts. There on page 113 was a photo of a timbered boardwalk stretching up a long rise to a hut in Tasmania. The interesting part was the caption accompanying said photo.
"Olaf Moon told me that as a strapping eighteen year old he carried a bag of cement up to High Camp Memorial Hut in one ... without stopping... go." It's a cosy, compact haven looked after by the Hobart Walking Club.
The things you learn about your fellow IBA members, in the most unusual places.

Quiet year for me with the Super Tenere doing more mileage overseas than at home (I was tempted to include the distance on the ship to and from the UK but I'm not that much of a flog. :) ). About 10K all up.

HACKLE

What's known is simple parlance, as arse covering Shane. Welcome to the New Year, and more opportunity to increase your kilometres. Cheers.

Kimmie

I have no idea, not too many though.
1x Border Run + 1x SCDR to Swan Hill and maybe a couple runs through Granya.
1x trip to Dandenong for work and a couple of trips to Albury
1x loop through Cabramurra (that I was supposed to help out another rider.
That's all I can think of.

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
After a rather different years riding I see that I have put 20,676 kilometres behind me. Not the highest I've done in a year, but still enough.
On another note, whilst re-reading one of the many books I have on my shelves, this one by Klaus Hueneke.... Mountain Landscapes and Historic Huts. There on page 113 was a photo of a timbered boardwalk stretching up a long rise to a hut in Tasmania. The interesting part was the caption accompanying said photo.
"Olaf Moon told me that as a strapping eighteen year old he carried a bag of cement up to High Camp Memorial Hut in one ... without stopping... go." It's a cosy, compact haven looked after by the Hobart Walking Club.
The things you learn about your fellow IBA members, in the most unusual places.
LMAO. Yes, Olaf grew up in Tasmania and left for Canberra when I was eighteen. In those days, my interests ran to skiing, rock climbing, mountaineering and bushwalking. The latter continues, so yes it is true I carried bags of cement up to that hut - I was a little stronger in those days! My interest in mountain huts remains and you can see all that history across six states on my website https://mountainhuts.net/ . This was started about two years ago, after I ceased being the webmaster for the Kosciuszko Huts Association (over 10 years). For those interested in walking and climbing you can see anyones record at https://www.peakbagger.com/Default.aspx - just "friend me" there!