Laam Seats for Long Distance?

Jack D

Premier Member
Laam seats seem to be getting good press for comfort BUT nobody seems to be talking about rides longer than 1 or 200 miles. Anybody have experience with Laam seats for long rides?

RFlagg42

IBR Finisher
The person who placed second in the last two Iron Butt Rallies uses a Laam seat on his FJR.

Laam is a small operation. The ONLY complaint I've heard about the seats is that communication with the company can be challenging at times.

BkerChuck

I've done one Saddle Sore so far on my Laam seat as well as the Mason Dixon 20/20 and Void rallies. I'm very pleased with it for about half the price that a Russell would have cost me. I've had it for about 2 years now and have no complaints with it at all.

flash9

IBA Member
I have had a Laam seat for two years on my FJR and am very pleased with it. I have several trips over a thousand miles and no complaints. As for communicating with Seath, two years ago it was challenging, how ever recently a friend contacted them through their website and had a response with in a day and Seath called him following up as well. Seems that Seath has handled his one downfall of wearing to many hats.

Paul Slaton

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have a Laam seat on my Super Tenere. I absolutely love it and my experience with Seth was exceptional. Can't say enough good things about him and the quality of his work. I have done a few multi 1000 mile + days with it and it seems to get more comfortable the longer I ride with it.
That said, its not quite as comfortable as a Russell Day Long saddle. Seth even told me that up front. My solution is to have 2 seats on this particular bike. I'll keep the Laam for my adventure style riding, and use the Russell for endless miles of slab.
One of the things that stands out about Seth Laam is how highly the folks at Russell think of him. Pretty high praise when your competition talks you up that way.

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
Although I am new to my K1200LT I have toured the last 6 years on a Hayabusa, That includes 3 SS1000 rides. I had a Corbin seat but the stitching was splitting. I called Corbin about a recover job. The price quoted was ridiculous and turn around was quoted as 4 weeks at least. I called Laam seats. The man himself answered the phone. He agreed to recover, add padding as needed and add a seat heater. I sent the seat in and 5 days later had it back for the same money as a recover with Corbin. I have done a SS1000 with his seat and was part way into a CC50 last year when a front wheel bearing came apart. The seat is great.

Steve Bell

Premier Member
I have a Laam seat on my R1200rt and absolutely love it. I rode to Redding, CA from Phoenix, had the seat made and came back home to Phoenix. I definitely recommending the doing a ride in appointment. While I was there, Seth's phone was pretty much non-stop but he kept on crafting my seat. I can only imagine how many voicemails he had. I have done several 1000 mile rides on this seat and have not complaints whatsoever. It was a true pleasure dealing with Seth