Lap of Florida INSANITY?

I am trying to get my plans put together for a mile eater silver cert attempt, and found the Lap of Florida listed as an INSANITY ride on the ride list page, however when you read the details on the ride it doesn't say its an insanity ride and at 44 hours it doesn't meet the 48 hour requirement.

Can anyone confirm if the Lap of Florida in 44 hours is considered an insanity ride?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I am trying to get my plans put together for a mile eater silver cert attempt, and found the Lap of Florida listed as an INSANITY ride on the ride list page, however when you read the details on the ride it doesn't say its an insanity ride and at 44 hours it doesn't meet the 48 hour requirement.

Can anyone confirm if the Lap of Florida in 44 hours is considered an insanity ride?
If you read the requirement closely, it says

I'm checking with Mike, but I can see the confusion comes in because the name of the ride in the Big List listing is Lap of Florida Insanity for the 44-hour version and Lap of Florida Insanity GOLD for the 32-hour version. But if you take the link, it lists the rides as the Lap of Florida and Lap of Florida GOLD.

I think the heading is a typo, with the 44-hour version not qualifying as a GOLD- or Insanity-level ride for the purpose of the Mile Eater award (it only requires something close to a Saddlesore 1000 pace), but I'll let you know what Mike says. In the meantime, for planning purposes, I would not consider the 44-hour version a GOLD or Insanity-level ride.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I check with Mike. As I suspected. We changed the heading on the Big List to conform to the title on the rules page.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association