Lasik and Distance

Bill Lumberg

Premier Member
Anyone have lasik? While we are all different, wondering how long after the big day you felt up to riding for 20+ hours straight. Of course, it will vary by individual. Just wondering if, after a few days, a SS1K (maybe another TOH SS1K) is a reasonable goal. Asking for a friend....

I waited a couple of weeks because, initially you'll experience light bloom while riding in the dark. It wasn't bad enough to curtail my daily, 20 mile morning ride to work in the dark, because it's mostly rural. I would imagine it could get tiring if you ride a lot of hours in the dark. It diminished over the two week period and then everything was back to normal for me.

Bill Lumberg

Premier Member
Night vision is probably going to be my limiting recovery index. I’ve always had difficulty seeing well at night wearing glasses, with zero problems and excellent vision at night with contacts.

I had mine done a couple of years ago and I had problems with light sensitivity after the surgery so if the sun's out so are the sunglasses. They were also pretty dry for the first 5 or 6 months and I used a ton of eye drops.