Last Moonshine Lunch Run 4/13-14

https://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

This will be the last year of this ride. The last day to signup for shirts is 3/26 until 1800 hours. I believe that this event is also an IBA event. Normally about 1,900 people show up. In 2017 they set a record of 3,364 showed up! Check pout the links and let's make this the biggest ever!

John Albers
Waukesha, WI

Riding in on Thursday, it is a Curt Gran IBA SS 1000 to the event. Hoping the weather will allow a 15.5 hour 1000 mile trip. Staying in Marshall, should be at Friday lunch and dinner. Depending on weather, an early burger and leave about 10 for Hillbilly Hotdogs in W.V., or hang out till afternoon and maybe head to Tn. for some eagle watching.

Arjay3rd

Premier Member
I live in St. Louis and plan to ride over early Saturday morning. I was there in 2017 when the record was set. It was a beautiful and warm sunny day so it drew all kinds of bikes. I would sure love to meet up with some other riders either at the store or a hotel if they are staying close just to get introduced to some of the other LD crowd.

ibafran

FYI: Some riders still go on the second Saturday of April. Grill closes at noon. Bring your own BBQ sauce. Some of us slightly north in the snow belt like to go there on the date as a sort of "Season Opener".
fran

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
FYI: Some riders still go on the second Saturday of April. Grill closes at noon. Bring your own BBQ sauce. Some of us slightly north in the snow belt like to go there on the date as a sort of "Season Opener".
fran
I'd recommend anyone heading to Moonshine to call ahead and ensure they will be open when you plan to arrive. On a trip last June we made a pretty good detour to swing by and the place was closed up tight despite the website, phone and sign on the door saying they were open on the day and time we got there.

ibafran

So.... I went this year, again. I ride year round but consider this event my 'season opener'. (I used to have an earlier 'season opener' at Grattan Raceway but that event closed up.) Met some riders and had a good time. Moonshine now has BBQ sauce as part of the garnish table. Went to see the white squirrels (again) in the Olney city park 40 miles south of Moonshine. And didn't see any, again.

IF, I was running the IBR,I would include Moonshine every time much the way Key West never fails to be a bonus location.
fran