Le Jog 9th July 2016, Meet Lands End 5am to sign in/complete paperwork

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Before I confirmed that I would share with Jaybee at The Seaview Hotel JOG.
I had booked a Twin/Double en-suit room for the Saturday night at a cost of £80.00
Debs & Steve were happy to have this off me now I am sharing.
I have just contacted Debs and unfortunately they cannot make this ride now.
So there is at the moment a Twin/Double en-suit room going begging at The Seaview Hotel JOG.:):)
If you are interested let me know and I will see if I can transfer the booking.
If there are no takers I will simply cancel it. :(:(

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Phil,
Quick one: for an E2EG, are Gordano and Clacket's an absolute "must" or, instead of Clacket's Lane Services, can you use the Shell station just off J6 M25? It's only about 3 miles from Clacket's but does allow you to turn around more easily. I think mileage is still north of 1000 but not sure if that is the point.

Hi Andy
Every ld ride i do, i do for charity. I always set up a just giving page, really easy, and as long as you state what you are ATTEMPTING to do, then if you didnt complete it for one reason or another, everyones happy.
Plus with just giving, once they donated, they cant get money back anyway lol.
@ gordon, whats the gold ride? Or is that the standard e2e gold? To do that in daylight would really be pushing it.
Morning Sneezy,
Thanks for that, i will have a look at it this weekend and pick your brains a little more if thats ok.
I think my planner has been reading these and decided to tease me a wee bit, i am setting off for Penzance in the morning, lets call it a pratice run lol

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Phil,
Quick one: for an E2EG, are Gordano and Clacket's an absolute "must" or, instead of Clacket's Lane Services, can you use the Shell station just off J6 M25? It's only about 3 miles from Clacket's but does allow you to turn around more easily. I think mileage is still north of 1000 but not sure if that is the point.
The usual route is clockwise/anticlockwise around the M25 so no turn around.Shortest route then goes up the M1 A1
Gordano is a must otherwise the shortest route from LE to Clacketts is via the A303

Hi Andy
Every ld ride i do, i do for charity. I always set up a just giving page, really easy, and as long as you state what you are ATTEMPTING to do, then if you didnt complete it for one reason or another, everyones happy.
Plus with just giving, once they donated, they cant get money back anyway lol.
@ gordon, whats the gold ride? Or is that the standard e2e gold? To do that in daylight would really be pushing it.
Just set the page up, hopefully did it OK. you are right, only took 5 minutes. Guess that means I am committed now eh. Ordered a new rear hub for the bike so hopefully will be cooking with gas soon, just need to sort the hotels, each end.. that'll be a job for next week/weekend.

OK. still not booked the rooms jog looks an OK deal but L.E. doesn't offer much choice, 1 room offered at £120pn/ppm on the website. Any suggestions?
What kind of time are you all looking at arriving at L.E.?

What's the crack as in meeting up before and after (it'll be the first time I've met up with any of you, no dodgy rituals please). What times are you all looking at arriving in L.E.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Andy

Sunrise is about 5:24. Photo of all participants as sun comes up. Then leave for JoG. Riders should be at LE by 5am to allow mileages to be taken and paperwork completed.

Arrive at JoG for 22:15. (Daylight certificates) Photo op at the SeaView.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thinking i will set of earlier than the group at around 4 am this will get me past most of the busy m5, m6 congestion area .
This will have the added bonus of seating me in the bar at the hotel just that bit before most of you all.
I would offer to get the beer in ready for your arrival but i'm from Yorkshire so thats the end of that idea:)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thinking i will set of earlier than the group at around 4 am this will get me past most of the busy m5, m6 congestion area .
This will have the added bonus of seating me in the bar at the hotel just that bit before most of you all.
I would offer to get the beer in ready for your arrival but i'm from Yorkshire so thats the end of that idea:)

Are you doing the short route John ?

& Coming from Yorkshire does not count to another Yorkshireman so mines a Pint of cider :)

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes buddy short route for me.
Glad your on board for this trip Ziggy, just in case I loose my keys. Only then do you get the cider:D

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
John, it might have been a mistake reminding me you're from Yorkshire. Mine's a pint and I'm sure Sally will be along shortly for her glass......

Not forgetting Graeme

You'll be able to watch the spot tracks to time the orders:)

JON12A

Premier Member
IBA Member
Funny how these Yorkshire folk come out of the woodwork when free beer is mentioned.:)

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Steve
This appears to be the only site with such an early time for sunrise.

On various other sites (including the Met Office)
Nautical Twilight (first light) 03:40
Civil Twilight begins (dawn) 04:41
Sunrise 05:24

The ride will start at 05:24.