Lighthouse Tour challenge Series

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Happy holidays Martin,

I've already spent many dark evenings doing this research! Below is a link I used to find them, other links are out there.

I used 'lightbulbs' couldn't find a Lighthouse Icon!

Also, a screenshot of the ones I researched, only got England and Wales done, along with my first leg plotted! Which has yet to be travelled.

If you want the gpx file 'pm' me, otherwise enjoy the research, I did, I googled everyone, some are easy, some not so.

http://www.photographers-resource.co.uk/A_heritage/Lighthouses/sets/e_w_list.htm

1577693254623.png

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Kim, is there anything you are not plotting/planning :rolleyes:;)

Ive found lots of source material, but quite a lot of it is incomplete. Some of them look like a long walk from where you park up and I never realised there may be more than one Lighthouse in an area, for example the three at South Killinghome in Lincolnshire.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some are disused/decommissioned, but a lot of history in those lighthouses...I've always been an admirer of them for what they did/do for our maritime friends who bring us our lovely cars/phones/crap :rolleyes:

The life of a Lighthouse Keeper is/was (not so many any more) a lonely job, cut-off from the basics we enjoy on a daily basis, supply's had to airlifted in if weather was favourable...I'm rambling...

As Gordon says a lot of lighthouses's in this year's 2020 BBT locations, you could make a lovely trip out of them...now when do I retire!! :eek:

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
RAF Cranwell has the furthest lighthouse from the sea in the UK, and the only RAF station to have a permanent lighthouse on its grounds.