Little CBR300 dreaming BIG! Vancouver area Saddlesore

Congratulations. Having just rode a couple thousand miles in BC to and from Hyder - I can say it was some of the most beautiful scenery on my entire 11,000 mile trip; but the miles were also some of the hardest with the reduced speed limits and mostly 2 lane highways traveled. However - I would leave again tomorrow if my schedule allowed.

Ed.

Premier Member
Haha! I love this sort of thread! Sorry CuriousBread, but it sounds like you are well and truly heading down that slippery rabbit hole! Welcome, from here on in it is all aux tanks and bigger lights. Well done on your first big one and enjoy the ride!

Congratulations. Having just rode a couple thousand miles in BC to and from Hyder - I can say it was some of the most beautiful scenery on my entire 11,000 mile trip; but the miles were also some of the hardest with the reduced speed limits and mostly 2 lane highways traveled. However - I would leave again tomorrow if my schedule allowed.
Quite some trip :O
11,000 miles.
I kinda wish I got to see more of the landscape when there was still daylight, similar to the schedule limitations I had to leave in the morning which means almost 6 hours of the ride through some of the most beautiful landscape in the province was done in pitch darkness. It was an experience in itself tho.
For a smaller bike tho, the reduced speed limit was actually a welcomed change lol. My top speed is 150kmh ish and by 120 the bike is already screaming and threatening to explode. The changing landscapes from the mountainous regions to snowcaps to rolling plains to that of the prairie before the hustle and bustle of the city, complete with its charms and nuisances lol. It's quite an experience Ironbutt. People call me crazy for doing long distance but they just don't get it I say.

Just a quick question about the Ironbutt applications. I've sent in my electronic application to Kneebone a while back but I still haven't received any details about how to pay for the fees yet. Anyone can give me some pointers?

Congrats! As a fellow 300cc ironbutt rider, I really applaud your determination and willpower! My BMW 310GS has about 250kms on the tank averaging about 120-130kms per hour and much more comfortable (my last bike was a ninja 300 so I feel your pain....all in the wrists I’m sure). But there’s something special about doing such a big ride on such a small bike. Great job!!!!!