Lobo Loco Rallies - (Scavenger Hunt) can be ridden anywhere in the world

tj189

Premier Member
Still able to ride in your state?
Whilst this is not a Rally Downunder per se, Wolfe Bonham, up in Canada has a series of 3 Scavenger Hunt Rallies available for riders to complete anywhere in the world. These are either 10hr or 12 hr, with a minimum distance. This is a great opportunity, especially if you have not ridden in any rally, to get out and have a bit of fun.
Lobo Loco Rallies

Murphyau

Unfortunately, the "Just Sayin Thrice" rally, scheduled for sometime next week (14~16-May), has been postponed to a date to be determined due to Ontario, Canada being put into covid-19 Lock-Down/Stay Home until at least 19-May. The Lock-Down started in early April !

The Rally Master sent me a copy of the 2019 "Just Sayin" bonus list, and it did look like being a fun event. Hopefully, the rally will be re-scheduled sometime this year.

SimonB

Premier Member
I rode 2 of the 3 Lobo Loco rallies last year and they were great fun. You’re given a range of things to find, you track them down online and then go find them and photograph them within the specified time period. A really nice day out and planning the ride is as good as riding it.
Highly recommended!

SimonB

Premier Member
Anyone else in AU doing the Lobo Loco Comical Rally over the weekend of 23-25 July?
I know others here rode the Lobo Loco rallies last year.

Murphyau

I had planned on doing the Comical Rally, but that plan has gone out the window now that Sydney has gone into "covid lock-down", which I can't see being lifted any time soon.

I may still register and do it as an eRally.

Murphyau

Unfortunately, the "Just Sayin Thrice" rally, scheduled for sometime next week (14~16-May), has been postponed to a date to be determined due to Ontario, Canada being put into covid-19 Lock-Down/Stay Home until at least 19-May.
It would seem that the "Just Saying Thrice" Rally has just been re-scheduled for Friday, Aug. 27th to Sunday, Aug. 29th, 2021.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the NSW Govt. will let us Sydney-siders out to play anytime soon !

Last edited:

Murphyau

It would seem that covid has raised it's ugly head again in Ontario and Lobo Loco have had to change their plans.

Their Niagara Wine Y Cheese Rally in September has been cancelled, and they have just announced on FB, that the Money, Money Money Mini Rally will be held on 24~26 September. This is open to anyone around the world.

Jeffrey Gebler & Simon Bell, to the pink courtesy phone please. Unfortunately, I will still be lock-up/down in sunny Sydney polishing my bike.

M,M,M.png

Tele

Premier Member
I must admit that with NSW in lockdown, I have been intensely praticing my skills for the Wine Y Cheese Rally and I figure by now I would be a top level finisher in any Grape & Wine Festival event. I booked 7 weeks holiday for August/September (back in Feb this year) fully believing that this Covid mess would be under control by this time. We went into lock-down on the 2nd day of my leave ...... the team at the local BWS are open and fully supportive of my Grape/Wine Rally efforts. :cool::oops:

ACTCapo

...... the team at the local BWS are open and fully supportive of my Grape/Wine Rally efforts. :cool::oops:
Sorry to hear about your cancelled holiday, Tele. Do you have any small, independent bottle shops nearby you? They would probably be doing it tougher than BWS at the moment and I’m sure could offer you equally as good support

Tele

Premier Member
Sorry to hear about your cancelled holiday, Tele. Do you have any small, independent bottle shops nearby you? They would probably be doing it tougher than BWS at the moment and I’m sure could offer you equally as good support
Unfortunately not mate. We live within walking distance of a local shopping precinct that has Coles (Liquorland), BWS and a large local pub that have their own drive-through operations.

And the current lockdown impacting my leave has cancelled two separate week-long bike trips with mates, my sons 30th birthday celebration (100 guests from multiple states) and (more significantly) my youngest daughters third attempt at her wedding.