Looking for a TV show

Morrissey

Hi all. This winter is certainly giving me the blues! Having only gotten 3 rides on my new ST before the season ended here and having spent the last month sick with first a cold, then bronchitis and now the flu, I am really dreaming about riding season and better days! I've been searching for a show online but have had no luck so I thought I'd turn to everyone here. I'm looking for two shows, both hosted by Henry Cole. The first is called "The Motorbike Show" and the second is called "World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides". I know that 1 season of the Motorbike Show is available on Netflix and the odd episode of either can be found on YouTube, but I can't find whole seasons of the show available anywhere.

Anyone know where I can find these? I need something to combat my PMS and I've already watched "Wild Hogs" and "Easy Rider" again this winter!

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just received hard miles 2 in the mail, going to watch it with the wife.
That is how I explained to my wife what the IBR was.

And I recently just watched Long Way Around and there is a section in that where Ewan was completely frustrated and ready to take the easy way out. That is how I explained what it was like during the Butt Lite VII when I hit "the wall" and simply did not want to go any further ... on the last day

Roadglider

Premier Member
That is how I explained to my wife what the IBR was.

And I recently just watched Long Way Around and there is a section in that where Ewan was completely frustrated and ready to take the easy way out. That is how I explained what it was like during the Butt Lite VII when I hit "the wall" and simply did not want to go any further ... on the last day
Figured it would be easier for her to understand if someone other than me explains it. It will also give me a better understanding of the demand it places on us as riders. I picture the Griswold family vacation stuck on fast forward. But we will see.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Honestly, it's all a blur. That is why I spend the time to write up my rides in my blog. Also, keep in mind the riders finishing are pumped up on adrenalin which masks a lot. The day before the finish can be much more trying especially if you are not certain about finishing or are trying to decide whether you should bag one more bonus.

In 2017 I rode 24 hours straight through at the finish and actually felt fine, getting in around 6:30 am I believe. I then went up to my room, showered, went over my paperwork, stopped the clock, and went to scoring. After scoring I laid down on the bed intending to rest for an hour or so and then head back down to watch the rest finish including the 5 that went to Newfoundland. I woke up at 12:30 - 1pm and barely knew where I was ...

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It certainly did!!!! That actually came when I laid down after being scored.

In 2015 I wasn't sure I was a finisher until they called my name at the banquet. I kept thinking what if I miscounted states or if they threw out a photo between the scoring and banquet. Of course common sense tells one that if that were to occur they would have tracked me down and told me ahead of time ...

I'll say this, almost anyone who is selected for the IBR can likely finish it barring a medical or mechanical issue. Some may either burn themselves out early or dig themselves a hole too deep to recover from and DNF for that reason. The feeling of accomplishment especially if you were riding to the best of your ability rather than just trying to finish is very rewarding, at least it was to me.

Morrissey

I'm one of the host's and producers of Farkle Garage up here in Canada... you may enjoy it. Appreciate shares,Facebook followers and subscribers!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL76O18nPNomZg4pdGHzUljxJn3CnlmnlQ

Hi Clive! I actually discovered your show on YouTube a little over a year ago when I was researching and preparing for my 1st SS1000. It was a segment about you and your love of IronButt riding. Since then I have watched every episode and eagerly await the next episode! Keep them coming and I'll keep watching them.

One last thing, if I may be so bold, I have a suggestion for segment on your show. Are you aware of the Ride for Sight? It is Canada's largest and longest running motorcycle charity rally and this is it's 40th Anniversary. The Ride for Sight has raised over $26 million for the Foundation Fighting Blindness to date. If coming all the way to Ontario isn't in the cards, there are rides in Northern and Southern Alberta!