Looking for riders in New England

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I did my first Saddlesore with a friend who was also doing his first, and while I don't really have an aversion to doing cert rides with a partner I really kind of find it to be more of a solitary thing. I will however if I decide to do something locally this year let you know and see if we can make something work out.

I am in connecticut as well. I'm planning my first run with a couple guys in my chapter - but if I'm able to actually do it, I want to do some of the others - like the Lap of NY or maybe the 1500 in 36. My bike goes into the shop this week to make some more adjustments to the fit so I can get more comfortable.. and finding a weekend where we don't have any events and more than 2 of us are available is a bigger challenge than I expected.
I don't think anyone besides me and maybe one more guy would be interested in more than 1000. So if we make it, I will come back here and see if anyone (like yourself) is interested.

are you really riding a ruckus on these rides? Or do you just have one?
I rode one once, but I had to lean so far forward to keep the front wheel down (I have rather substantial mass), it wasn't as fun as it could be.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
hey riders, I'm from Connecticut. I've completed one SaddleSore, but i'm finding it difficult to find riders to do more!
Do you mean do more SS rides? Or just long rides in general?

The Team Strange Grand Tour and the Tour Of Honor both lend themselves well to certificate rides (or just plain long rides) and I'm in both this year. They are self-led rally-type rides and are pretty easy to get started.

I'm in CT too and will likely be planning the NY Tour Of Honor SS again as thats an easy state to get the miles in. Also the New England sites are pretty far apart so there will be another as I head to Presque Isle and back at some point in the coming weeks.

Do you mean do more SS rides? Or just long rides in general?

The Team Strange Grand Tour and the Tour Of Honor both lend themselves well to certificate rides (or just plain long rides) and I'm in both this year. They are self-led rally-type rides and are pretty easy to get started.

I'm in CT too and will likely be planning the NY Tour Of Honor SS again as thats an easy state to get the miles in. Also the New England sites are pretty far apart so there will be another as I head to Presque Isle and back at some point in the coming weeks.
where in CT are you? i'm in Middlebury. i'd love to do a SS if you're up for it....i'm not familiar with these tours that you're referring to, but i'll look into them

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
where in CT are you? i'm in Middlebury. i'd love to do a SS if you're up for it....i'm not familiar with these tours that you're referring to, but i'll look into them
Hey Rob. I'm in Hartford, so easy to get just about anywhere in the state. If you want, PM me and we'll see if we can meet up for a ride to Toymakers or Vanilla Bean in the near future.

Gerry

Count me in, too. My usual riding buddies are in Mass and New Hampshire, and they are not interested in any IBA rides. I'm game for local and some SS1000 rides. Once we get some decent weather, let's get together--I'm in Guilford.

Count me in, too. My usual riding buddies are in Mass and New Hampshire, and they are not interested in any IBA rides. I'm game for local and some SS1000 rides. Once we get some decent weather, let's get together--I'm in Guilford.
a few buddies and I are doing a 500-600 miles NY Reservoir ride on Saturday 5/18. leaving middlebury at 8am, you're welcome to come ride and meet the guys!

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A few folks (from New England Riders and ADV) will be joining me for breakfast at Toymakers in Falls Village, CT Sunday June 2 ... 9-930am (ish) arrival. Always a lot of other riders there too.