Mapping problem

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I'm messing around with my gps and mapping program which is tyre, so I got the rally book from butt lite 7 and am playing with routing.
My problem is for example I typed in the coordinates for three brothers cemetery in three brothers Arkansas, when I type it in the coordinates come up 35.20105 -91.83183 and when I zoom in it says flow tatto studio, which is in the middle of Arkansas, when I type in the coordinates that are in the book 36.45190 -092.46500 and no words it takes me to the Missouri, Arkansas border, there's nothing around it, so which one is right?

Garry in AZ

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rodney, assuming those are the correct coordinates in decimal degrees, the 35.20105 -91.83183 location is about 6 miles west and a couple miles south of Searcy, Arkansas.
The 36.45190 -92.46500 is a location on Rte 5 about 3 miles south of the border, which is the correct location of the cemetery you are looking for.

Garry

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
Yeah, when I put the name of the cemetery in the search that's the coordinates that came up, but putting the coordinates in and no name it took me to the right place.

Garry in AZ

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If you have the correct coordinates, you really don't need anything else to find a location. Also, don't forget you can use Google and Google Earth to help find bonus locations. They both work with coordinates. If you do a Google search for Three Brothers Cemetery, it pops right up, complete with a map.

Garry

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I'm still learning coordinates, a couple yrs ago I was looking for a Christmas display and my gps took me out in middle of nowhere, it was literally a road that led to a cornfield. I know that Google maps is really good, but I'm practicing not having an internet connection, like a bonus way out in the middle of nowhere.