Mayflower Tire Changer Experience?

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Looks to be essentially the same thing as the Weaver tire changer that Dad has in his garage (quite likely a rebranded item). If so, it's a good unit and I recommend it.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Thank you... After a bit more digging and thinking, I decided to go with this version:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073DKQCGX/

Same model changer but with the assist arm included.

Now to figure out how to make sure I am there when they deliver and have a way to move 850lbs of equipment from the driveway to where I want it to live... :D

Mike721

Premier Member
Looks the same as my weaver, which I would never part with, it's a great addition to my shop. Moving it is easy, 2 furniture dollies were all I used to move mine into the shop, no big deal, just about anything with wheels will let you move it with ease. 850 pounds sounds heavy but it's lighter than a Goldwing, Road Glide, or Vision, and we push those around the garage all the time, right?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Looks the same as my weaver, which I would never part with, it's a great addition to my shop. Moving it is easy, 2 furniture dollies were all I used to move mine into the shop, no big deal, just about anything with wheels will let you move it with ease. 850 pounds sounds heavy but it's lighter than a Goldwing, Road Glide, or Vision, and we push those around the garage all the time, right?
Thank you... I suspect the actual weight of the entire unit may be a bit less, but the listing shows a "Shipping Weight" of 880lbs (not 850 like I misremembered). Probably a hundo or so of crate and packing material in that figure. I do have a couple heavy duty dollies I could use....

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Pulled the trigger. Unfortunately about 12 hours too late. The price went up $100 while I was sitting around with my thumb up my arse... :rolleyes: