Membership

Redwing56

Premier Member
Hi

new to the forum and just completed my SS1000. How do I become a member? I saw the link for the premier member but it seems not be to working fore a few days now. Please advice

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If your Saddlesore 1000 is verified, you will then be an IBA member, at which point you can purchase a Premier membership if you wish.

The IBA eStore had been down, but is now back up.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Dear admin. Sorry for asking this but I’m new to the forum. Just completed my IBA ride recently and emailed the documents to [email protected] and since one of our trip advisor is a premier member we emailed it also to [email protected] for our ride certification and we’re yet to receive any email acknowledgment. I also tried to be a premier member it order to expedite the certification but it’s not allowing me to do so. Pls advise how can I proceed on this. Thanking you in advance for your guidance and help.

CB650F

Premier Member
You should get an automatic reply email when you emailed the documentation. Both the premier and regular emails generate the auto-response. (Or did in the past) One of the email servers, I think Yahoo, is sometimes routed to their junk folder so it gets lost on occasion. Check your junk folder and make sure you didn't get the auto-response and just didn't realize it. Also, you'll only get one if you send multiple applications to the same email in quick succession. If you never got the auto-response, you may need to resubmit everything.

And my usual disclaimer: I'm not on the verification team or anything like that, so I might be completely wrong about how they operate. Don't try to hold them responsible for what I tell you.

You should get an automatic reply email when you emailed the documentation. Both the premier and regular emails generate the auto-response. (Or did in the past) One of the email servers, I think Yahoo, is sometimes routed to their junk folder so it gets lost on occasion. Check your junk folder and make sure you didn't get the auto-response and just didn't realize it. Also, you'll only get one if you send multiple applications to the same email in quick succession. If you never got the auto-response, you may need to resubmit everything.

And my usual disclaimer: I'm not on the verification team or anything like that, so I might be completely wrong about how they operate. Don't try to hold them responsible for what I tell you.

Hi buddy, thanks for the reply and I’ve checked my junk and spam folder but nothing is there. Just hoping the admin could advise the next course of action but do appreciate your reply CB650F. Thanks

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Remember that you will only get one response. If you emailed from the same email address, I suspect you got a first response, but wouldn't get another response for anything mailed in the same 24 hour period. My response specifically noted that.
IF you are submitting more than one application (for example, two emails, two applications within a few minutes of each other), you will only get one email response per 24 hour period.

Remember that you will only get one response. If you emailed from the same email address, I suspect you got a first response, but wouldn't get another response for anything mailed in the same 24 hour period. My response specifically noted that.
Hi Eric, thanks. I submitted the first email on the 22nd Sept to [email protected] hoping to get some kind of acknowledgement and when I didn’t get any reply, I sent one today to [email protected].

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Dear admin. Sorry for asking this but I’m new to the forum. Just completed my IBA ride recently and emailed the documents to [email protected] and since one of our trip advisor is a premier member we emailed it also to [email protected] for our ride certification and we’re yet to receive any email acknowledgment. I also tried to be a premier member it order to expedite the certification but it’s not allowing me to do so. Pls advise how can I proceed on this. Thanking you in advance for your guidance and help.
You need not send email to the ibarides@gmail address.

We do send out an automated response from the [email protected] address but it is not unusual for the Internet to eat it somewhere along the way. If your email didn't bounce back to you, assume we have it

The reason the system wouldn't allow you to purchase a Premier membership is because you need to become a regular IBA member first.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

You need not send email to the ibarides@gmail address.

We do send out an automated response from the [email protected] address but it is not unusual for the Internet to eat it somewhere along the way. If your email didn't bounce back to you, assume we have it

The reason the system wouldn't allow you to purchase a Premier membership is because you need to become a regular IBA member first.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Hi Ira,
Thank you for the reply and assurance. Kinds of lifts the weight and worry from the heart and mind . Thanks again and looking forward to the certification.

Redwing56

Premier Member
Hi there! Congrats!
You can’t become premier until after your first ride is certified. Hang in there, my first took a bit over 2 months

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Also, [email protected] is NOT the correct email address for submitting Premier ride applications. Anyone using this email address for ride submissions should contact me if you are Premier member and don't know the correct address.

Thanks.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Hi there! Congrats!
You can’t become premier until after your first ride is certified. Hang in there, my first took a bit over 2 months
Hi there redwing56.... thanks for the encouragement. Just being excited and checking my emails every day hoping for some good news

CB650F

Premier Member
@Jasbir My first ride also took a few months. There's nothing you can do except wait. It's no fun, but remember what old Tom said. The waiting is the hardest part.