Mentorship Program

GaryA

Premier Member
I appreciate that the Iron Butt Association has created a Mentor/mentee program. I have been lucky enough to mentor two friends to earn their first Iron Butt. On both rides, the other person and I submitted our applications on our own. I emailed them the form, and guided them on how I filled out my form.

My question, doing this twice, different people have reviewed each submission. Each gave me great pointers for doing it again. However, is there a set of procedures on how we are to submit and do the entire process? Should I send BOTH applications within the same email? What if I use the insta-cert submission?

Also, I can't seem to find the link again.

Thanks,
Gary

I did this recently and there is no official guidelines. The mentorship idea was floated in a couple newsletters and in one rally description. If more of us do it, there might be more reason to develop some guidelines.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Look closely at your IBA Premier Member Newsletters from 28 Jan 2022 & 25 Feb 2022. Pretty clear guidance in both of them.

cjmckay

Premier Member
As a more recent Premier Member, is there a way to get these newsletters for reference (having recently mentored one rider and working with some others)? Maybe a newsletter section could be added to the Knowledge Base section of the Premier Portal?