Minuteman 1000

Hi all

This is my first post started lurking recently. I have been riding about 14 years and how ridden about 200,000 miles but never a 1000 miles day. I want to break into endurance riding as well as try some single day rallies. One I have heard about is the Minuteman 1000 but I can't seem to find any recent info on it and no info as it if there will be a 2019 ride. Does anyone have any information about this ?

thanks
Luke H

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Did you email the rallymaster?

[email protected]

There could also be information (or contact info) from the New England Riders group:

http://www.newenglandriders.org/

Hope this helps!

EDIT: So, in 2019, the Iron Butt Rally is also happening. Some of those that would participate in a rally like this - or running in that rally - might also be involved with IBR in one form or another just a few short weeks later.

Kendoo

Premier Member
Hi all

This is my first post started lurking recently. I have been riding about 14 years and how ridden about 200,000 miles but never a 1000 miles day. I want to break into endurance riding as well as try some single day rallies. One I have heard about is the Minuteman 1000 but I can't seem to find any recent info on it and no info as it if there will be a 2019 ride. Does anyone have any information about this ?

thanks
Luke H
I think the Minuteman was last run in 2017. Hit me up if you want to meet for coffee/lunch one day and talk rallies (I'm in NY too). There are lots of options within a days ride. Ken

VP01

Alas and alack, the Minuteman 1000 is no more--at least for now.

In an email from April 2018, the rallymaster notified folks of the cancellation of the 2018 MM1K but left some hope alive in writing: "The subject line says it all, “Farewell for now.” I had no idea what the future would hold for the Minuteman 1000 in 2004 [year founded] and while we’re taking a break one never knows what could happen in the future." Therefore, it may be worth checking in online from time to time in the Spring to review the MM1K's status. Hopefully, it will return in one form or another. I got my first IBA SS1K cert. at the MM1K, and it was recognized as a fun, innovative, and well-planned rally. But if not, always check the "Big List" of IBA rides for ideas and inspiration--many roads and sights are out there waiting to be strung together into rides, adventures, and memories.

As to NY State rides, living in the NYC metro area, upstate is a common ride destination for me with the Catskills, Adirondacks, Berkshires, and even Green and White Mountains in reasonable striking distance.

Best of luck.

Oh yeah there is tons of good riding around me and all over the country. I just want to try my hand at rallies l. Still open to any suggestions. 8 hour 24 hours or even 48 hour rallies. Thanks for all the help can tell this forum will be a useful tool in the future

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Luke, this year the Rock N Ride will include a mini-rally. Its a fun rally and a great group. And only an SS1k away for you.

From their Facebook post: We will be offering a 12 hour rally in addition to the normal 33 hr rally. The 12 hour will be held on Friday, April 26th. Start will be Bowling Green, KY with finish at Barren River State Resort

The next mini will likely be the Void Rally but thats usually in Oct. Team Lyle 8-hr rally events have not been posted yet, but the New England ones are also very fun.