Moto Drivers Needed for Charity Marathon (UPDATE)

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Hey all...

The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series to benefit St. Judes is holding an event in Nashville, TN, on April 27 and they are in need of 2-3 motorcycle operators to carry photographers around. You should be--

* comfortable with and capable of carrying an adult passenger
* your motorcycle should have a backrest of some sort
* able to maneuver you, your passenger, and your bike, around city streets at low speeds

In years past, they have requested that no sportbikes be used. You don't need a fancy touring rig for this gig; just something capable of accomplishing the mission. Heck, you could even use a scooter as long as it has something for the passenger to lean on as long as it can carry two adults. Your ride should be able to help carry the extra gear (which may be no more than a backpack) these photographers may be carrying.

I've done multiple events like this for this series and with Iron Man and it's a good deal of fun. We were given $25 (or $50? I can't remember), gift cards to help with gas, and received a T-shirt.

Message me if you're interested.

UPDATE: The back rest requirement is no longer required. We are in need of 2-3 more people.

Last edited:

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I did this a couple of years ago for a shorter version of the Iron Man here locally. I was carrying judges for the bicycling part of the event.

You should be able to do lock-to-lock (or real close) U-Turns at a moments notice.

After doing it on Saturday, I went and practiced that for about 20 minutes before I went home. The ride on Sunday was much better for me; much more comfortable.

Hey, where else can you get paid to ride a motorcycle?

Highly recommend it!