MotoJug

Rony6ble

Premier Member
This MotoJug seams a good option as hydration system. When I try to order one the page goes black and that's it. I don't even know how much it costs.
Does someone have additional contact information?
Owner defines him self as an LD rider. Ther is a photo in "About MotoJug".
Thanks

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Coincidently I just emailed him yesterday and he responded that he no longer sells them. His wife apparently was out of work and was making them, but then got a job and no longer has time

MarkG

Premier Member
I recently looked for a hydration system rather than doing the fumbling hit and miss method. Motojug is making their systems again and I found them on Facebook. I sent an email just to be sure and received the following reply.

[email protected]

MotoJug Hydration System purchase information.

Thanks for your interest in purchasing a MotoJug Hydration System. When you're ready you can send $75 for each MotoJug Hydration System you’d like which also includes shipping to my PayPal direct link at www.paypal.me/motojug and then when we receive your payment you are put on our build list. We ask everyone’s to give us 10 days to ship but we are typically only 5 days out or so.

What comes with your MotoJug Hydration System

1. MotoJug Bag
2. 5ft of Hydration tubing with cover
3. Hydration tubing quick disconnect
4. Bite valve for end of Hydration tubing
5. Lanyard for hydration tubing
6. 2 3ft straps to secure your system to your bike.
7. Clear contact paper pieces that you can put on your bike where the system might come into contact with your Bike and rub the paint. Don’t have to use it but one of my customers gave me the idea and he said it works well. I personally don't use it.

Also we are now only making the MotoJug Hydration System in Black. We use to offer a grey and red option but it required my wife to swap out thread colors and is kinda a pain on the serger machine. Also we rarely had orders for the two other colors so have decided it just easier and better to do a single color.

Care and washing of the bag is up to you. If you machine wash the bag I’d recommend air drying.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks,

Dave

I ordered one last week and it took three days to arrive. The Coleman 1 gal water jug I picked up at Walmart was $8.05, for obvious reasons it would cost more to ship one than going to Walmart and getting it yourself. Of course I put my name, address, etc. in the PayPal comments and the same in an email to let Dave know I sent the payment. I forgot to tell him the make and model of my bike and whether it had pegs or floorboards on the rear. :) It didn't take him long to email me for the details. Overall I'm impressed with the quality and looking forward to being able to get water while I'm going down the road. There are plenty of pictures on the web to give ideas on mounting.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yep. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and received it promptly. I'm still working on my custom mounting option, but it would have mounted right up if I had chosen the suggested method.

I've been using one for about 4 years it works well. On the Harley there was enough frame and saddle bag guard to securely. On the CTX I had to make a bracket. Just 2 u bolts, about a foot of 1 inch aluminum stock and 2 low profile strap loops from Aerostich. This is bolted to the saddlebag guard.

Last edited:

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
On the bike... :D

The bag's designed to use a footboard or foot peg for support. I use the passenger boards myself while riding, so I'm mounting to the saddlebag guards.
And that is the reply I would have given :)

I use my passenger pegs as well so I ended up mounting my jug on the right side of my tourpak. I may try to mount in front of my left saddlebag over the winter if I can figure out a mounting system that does not use the passenger peg

Should not be hard to make something to mount to your saddlebag guard. A couple of Kuryakyn P Clamps (or something similar) and some sheet metal should do the trick. May need to bend so there is a horizontal piece so there is something to carry the weight

P clamp.jpg

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm close. I've had it hanging in place. I like it down low and out of the way, so I hope it works out there. I just haven't had much time to follow though on it yet.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm close. I've had it hanging in place. I like it down low and out of the way, so I hope it works out there. I just haven't had much time to follow though on it yet.
If you need anything let me know. I do have a machine shop at my disposal and I know enough about the equipment to make a hole in metal :)