Motorcycle turntable

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Get a LP record cut a piece of 6 ply the same diameter and glue to the record then get a second piece of 6 ply of a big enough diameter to put your bike on the centre stand glue that on with the LP facing down and a piece of carpet with the LP makes a nice low friction bearing you need 6 ply to keep the top piece away from the carpet
I used no nails glue, you can get an LP from your nearest charity shop i recommend the carpenters or some such rubbish.
A cheap addition to your garage for Christmas.
You're welcome

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great little addition to the workshop or a single garage...
Had mine for over 15 years now

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It handles my GS easily, the only answer i can give is try it if it doesn't work you have lost a couple of dollars.
Yep ... ZZR/XJR/FJR/ loaded and is free moving... Love the idea from j.s.john for the DIY version..
The ply would be better on absorbing the level required under weight .. however never found this a problem ..
It's just the height that would present a problem putting it on the main stand.. again the same thickness of the turntable under the back wheel would compensate.. ..
:)

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
It handles my GS easily, the only answer i can give is try it if it doesn't work you have lost a couple of dollars.
...and potentially double the cost for shipping one to my side of the pond. ;)

That DIY version that @g.s.john brings up is good, but would be really close. Looks like the wing is roughly 300mm wide, and an LP is right close to that same diameter.

old geek time... Radio stations 50 plus years ago would use a 16 inch (~400mm) 'transcription discs' from programming material distribution.

For a bike as big as a Goldwing, this might be the way to go. Finding one that could be trashed with use in this matter might be a challenge.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Just make the top piece that the centre stand goes on big enough to cope
as for the record get one from a charity shop do not raid your own collection.

use to use two steel plates well greased to do the steering checks on aircraft held that weight ok should imagine would be better than old vinyl lp's. failing that the better idea id to get a lazy susan bearing thats the "proper job"

cheap and cheerful works thats fine. never considered old lp's to be that great a load bearer. until now
have you sunk it into the floor?
looked at making one but opted to widen the drive instead not an easy or cheap solution but it sort of got there. every situation has multiple solutions usually.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
No the carpet on the floor ply on top heave the bike up on the stand and carefully turn.

Last edited: