Multiple Certifications at the same time?

I was wondering if you can do a Bun Burner Gold (BBG) & Saddle Sore 2000 Gold (SS2KG) at the same time? I didn't see a mention of how the certs can stack up. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

I nested a BBG within a SS2K Gold earlier this year. The Inn Keeper where I stopped for a soft bed was scratching their head when turned in my key less than four hours after checking in. I payed full price for both ride certs and was reminded that it wasn't necessary. Nested certifications cost less. The more you nest, the less $$ per ride it costs. Similarly 2 BBGs (Bun Burner 3000) and an SS4K Gold can be nested as well, as the average miles per day of for a SS4KG would be 1333.3(+). A matter of doing the maths :)
Tim's tips: link to read more...

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If you look elsewhere on the Forum, you will find lots of discussion about nesting rides. But the basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate.

For example, everyone who completes a Bun Burner GOLD (1,500 miles in 24 hours or less) has by definition completed a Saddlesore 1000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours or less) and a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours or less).

On the other hand, not everyone who completes a Saddlesore 2000 GOLD has completed a Bun Burner GOLD (e.g., one completes the first 1,500 miles in 25 hours but the 2,000 miles within 36 hours). So we could issue both certificates. We charge full price for the first certificate and an additional $20 for the second certificate (be sure to document the end of the BBG with a receipt). Include a note that you want to receive both certifications.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association