My 2022 GoldWing Mods

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Ghost Rider is a significant book for me, but for very different reasons.

The book that first sparked my interest in motorcycle travel was 10 Years On 2 Wheels by Helge Pedersen.

I fabricated a hexagonal-shaped piece of 1/4" thick plastic for the base, which I attached to the gas-filler door using 1/2" plastic spacers. To this, I added Velcro. I ordered a small "Molle patch" that came with Velcro on its underside (avail from many "tactical" stores. Many Molle-style attachments will fit. Currently, I use a SW Motech map holder and a small (inexpensive) Molle pouch. I plan to add a tank-bag at some point. Here are some photos ...

Attachments

Auburn

Premier Member
I fabricated a hexagonal-shaped piece of 1/4" thick plastic for the base, which I attached to the gas-filler door using 1/2" plastic spacers. To this, I added Velcro. I ordered a small "Molle patch" that came with Velcro on its underside (avail from many "tactical" stores. Many Molle-style attachments will fit. Currently, I use a SW Motech map holder and a small (inexpensive) Molle pouch. I plan to add a tank-bag at some point. Here are some photos ...
Thanks that is very helpful

I'm Heading for Key West Wednesday 5-17 to start 'The Four Corners Tour' for the fifth time.
Then I'm going to Jacksonville Beach to start the CC50. Going to Ft. Stockton, TX for 6 hours of sleep. Then to Ocean Beach in San Diego. Done with the CC50 now I'm going to San Ysidro (corner #2). Then up to Blaine, WA (corner #3). I usually come back down to I-90 and head east but this year I'm going up to Vancouver, Canada and staying in Canada all the way across Canada to Edmundston, New Brunswick. Then into Madawaska (corner #4). After that, as my first 4CT in 2014 I'm riding out to Prince Edward Island, take a ferry over to Nova Scotia, and another ferry to Saint John, New Brunswick. On the way home (Rockford, IL) I'm going up Mt Washington for the third time. Then Falling Waters in Pennsylvania, then home.

This won't be my longest ride. In 2014 with a new Goldwing with 85 miles on it and with my riding partner (Bill Maschke) we rode into Chicago to Adams and Michigan the start of Route 66. We rode as much of Route 66 as we could. At Santa Monica pier we took pictures and headed for San Ysidro and started 'The True X' . After we finished, Bill went home and I started The Four Corners Tour again and rode it twice back-to-back. The first 'X'. took 19 days (Bill's slow. Actually a few side trips) and the second time took 16 days. With the side trips when I got home I had 27,192 miles on my new Goldwing. Good start.

So now with another new Goldwing (my 8th new one) I'm off again.