Nested Ride Cost Calculator

dj_fission

Craig A Porter
Premier Member
Hello all, a slightly different nesting question. I've searched here in the forum and also the Iron Butt website to see how much it costs to nest rides, but all I can find is on the "nesting" page that "the IBA certification fee for adding a ‘nested’ ride is less than half the cost of doing it by itself". I want to nest a SS1000 in a SS2000 Gold, but I can't find a page that would tell me what the cert cost would be. Does anybody have any information on where I can find this? Or just know the answer? I try to find the answers myself and I hate making these types of posts, so apologies in advance. And thank you for your help!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Ira should be able to clarify that question. My understanding was that you paid the normal pricing for both rides. I think the exception was the most commonly nested rides, the SS1K and BB1500.

I don't believe it's possible to nest a SS1000 in a SS2000 Gold ride. By default, you had to have done the SS1000 in 24 hours if you did a SS2000 in 36 hours. It's not legally possible in the US to do a second SS1000 in the 12 remaining hours.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
To address the second point first, the basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. Eric is correct - one cannot complete an SS2K GOLD without completing at least one SS1K.

As far as the cost is concerned, it is listed on the ride application form, where it says "Additional certification (nested rides), for example
SS1000 and Bun Burner 1500 in one ride." The cost is listed as $20.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

dj_fission

Craig A Porter
Premier Member
As far as the cost is concerned, it is listed on the ride application form, where it says "Additional certification (nested rides), for example
SS1000 and Bun Burner 1500 in one ride." The cost is listed as $20.
I understand. I don't use the ride application form; as I'm a Premier member, I use the email template on the "Premier Review Program" page. I will check out the traditional ride application form for the costs for future possible nested rides (as this ride doesn't apply). Thanks for the info!