Nesting - 50CC

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My turn to ask one of these, I guess... :D

Riding home from JAX, I was thinking about the cert rides I did the last couple weeks, and it occured to me... so without being "that person"*, and since a ton of folks did 50/100CC ride-ins to JAX, I thought I'd pose it here.

Basic 50CC of Ocean Beach -> JAX Beach is ~2360 miles in < 50 hours (in my case, 42:38):

You can't nest a SS2k (let alone 2 SS1ks) because you MUST do that ride to accomplish the 50CC.

You CAN nest a Bun Burner, since you don't HAVE to accomplish that ride along the way (although an argument could be made that you **almost** have to run a 1500/36, but on paper you don't have to.) This is "odd" in that I typically think you CAN next a BB inside a SS2k.

Now, for a 100CC, you CAN do a bit more nesting, since the 100CC isn't a single ride of 100 hours, but **2** back-to-back 50CCs; so, if you were clever, you could "nest", say, a SS3k that overlapped the end of one and the start of another.

Do I have this correct. or CAN you nest SS2k (3k, 4k, etc) rides inside a 50/100CC?

* yes, yes, I know, I'm one of The Guys.. :D

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Al greenwood nested a ss5000 at the jax ride in
Yeah, we were just discussing that on the FB group, and there's some differing opinions.

(For the record, I'm not an _extreme_ "cert whore" but there are certain milestone rides I kinda want to be able to call out specifically in my own record keeping/awards.. no judgement about either side of the "1 ride, 1 cert" argument from me!)

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sort of; if I recall correctly, he finished the 100CCC then rolled off some more miles to clear the 5k
Wouldn't that mean that the 100CCC was the smaller ride, nested inside the larger SS5000?

Sorry, no help on your question Kerri. There is a subtle difference in there between the 50 hour CC time limit and the SS time limits that I don't fully grasp in terms of nesting. Would you have had to do a SS2K to do a 50CC? Sort of seems like you would have...

OTOH, you wouldn't have had to do a BB1500 in order to complete a SS2000, if I understand correctly.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry, no help on your question Kerri. There is a subtle difference in there between the 50 hour CC time limit and the SS time limits that I don't fully grasp in terms of nesting. Would you have had to do a SS2K to do a 50CC? Sort of seems like you would have...

OTOH, you wouldn't have had to do a BB1500 in order to complete a SS2000, if I understand correctly.
Yup, exactly that (I _think_) - you _have_ to do a SS2k, so you can't nest that.. but you don't HAVE to do a BB of any flavor, so you CAN nest it.

(...depending entirely on route, of course)