NEW!! - Australian Silo Art Trail

tj189

Premier Member
Now included in the IBA Rides list is the Australian Silo Art Trail with four levels of challenge for our riders.

"Silo art isn’t just a beautiful addition to the local landscape; for many towns and communities it's a lifeline.

Silo Art is extremely important for promoting tourism in Regional Australia and if everyone of us was to take their next holiday within Australia, these regional towns and communities would benefit significantly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Johng

Premier Member
Question in relation to this does this include water towers in the numbers? If so can I confirm for a bronze is it 45 Silos or 45 silos and water towers ?

L

LookingFor42

Rule question for this challenge ... Do riders need to go to Fynasford where the silo has been destroyed?

I assume it that it's non existance excludes its inclusion but I don't want to make an error in my planning.

Cheers.

L

LookingFor42

Your assumption is correct.
Thank you for clarifying.

Trying to fit the 4 states into 5 days is an interesting mathematical and mapping project. I'm close but not quite. It's a fun project. I've realised that it will need me to make my attempt in December when the days are longest. The Kangaroo Island ferry timing makes things interesting.

tj189

Premier Member
Thank you for clarifying.

Trying to fit the 4 states into 5 days is an interesting mathematical and mapping project. I'm close but not quite. It's a fun project. I've realised that it will need me to make my attempt in December when the days are longest. The Kangaroo Island ferry timing makes things interesting.
Whilst planning, I also found that the requirement for a few of them at night ( due to them being lit up) also added some complexity, along with the normal things like refueling, rest stops, etc.

Roadbandit

I note the rules require a DBR to prove you're in the area. Makes sense for everything silver and up as there is a time limit requirement.
Given that there is no time limit on the bronze challenge, is there a requirement for a DBR given that it may take many months to gather 45 silo arts?

I may or may not have been a bit tardy about gathering DBR's on my last trip :cool:

I'm quite curious about the bronze silo art trail.

It doesnt specify but I assume it must be done with the 1 motorcycle?

Seems very straight forward for all the time limited rides that yes its in 1 sitting.