New Digital Certificates

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Price inflation is a way of life. Unfortunately, everything costs more today than it did just a few years ago.

The IBA is a club organized for the purpose of promoting safe long-distance riding. Although much of the work is done by volunteers, certain costs - paper, postage, data services, trademark fees, contractors and insurance event fees keep inching upward. So, with regret, for rides submitted after April 30, 2022, we must raise our basic certification fee for the first time in six years by $5 - from $40 to $45. Our goal here is to cover costs, not to make a ton of money, but we do have to keep our house in financial order for future generations. We are doing our best to hold the line and appreciate your support.

HOWEVER, here’s a way to avoid this increase!

Many riders have asked us for years to come up with a PDF version of our certificate - something they can store in a folder on their computer. Responding to this request, and beginning with Premier ride applications sent to us after April 30, 2022, we are offering to send your certificates to you by email as a high-quality printable PDF file, rather than an a printed and mailed certificate. You can either store the pdf image on your computer or print it with your color printer if you want to keep your certificates in a binder or frame them to hang on your wall.

Switching to high-quality PDF certificates will save the IBA the costs of postage and handling, and we will pass these cost savings on to you.

When you accept your certificates this way, the certification fee will remain at $40 - no price increase. See http://ironbutt.com/themerides/certificatedelivery/ for more information

When you accept the high-quality PDF version of your certificate and ever want to get the ‘official printed’ IBA certificate mailed to you, that can be done for an extra charge.

Click here to see a sample PDF version of a certificate:

http://ironbutt.com/themerides/certificatedelivery/cert.png

and the PDF version (download and try printing to see how the certificate will look):

http://ironbutt.com/themerides/certificatedelivery/cert042522.pdf

You will receive your high-quality PDF certificate image much faster - usually two to three weeks faster than if mailed.

So all in all, the PDF version is cheaper, faster, easier, and answers the request of many of our fellow riders.

And the ‘official printed’ IBA version is always available.

Questions? Call Howard Entman at 901-230-0922 or send an email to [email protected]

IBA ZX-9R

Great idea. But might I suggest so the cheaters don't bootleg your posted high resolution PDF/PNG, that it contain watermarks with a pattern and/or reduce the resolution and pixelated it, like those posted online.

cert.png

TomMcD

I understand the thought, but providing a high enough resolution to print an attractive certificate will make it trvial to grab the image and post it if someone were inclined to claim a ride they haven't completed. Not dissimilar to stealing a plate backer, the person knows they're a fraud and someone who cares to check and always check the website lists.

I absolutely defer to more tenured members on this. I simply feel that at over 80k certified riders it's past the point where I'd think about caring my cert folded up in my jacket to get free drinks at bars. I mean that's how it worked in the old days, right? ;)

Great idea. But might I suggest so the cheaters don't bootleg your posted high resolution PDF/PNG, that it contain watermarks with a pattern and/or reduce the resolution and pixelated it, like those posted online.

View attachment 8364

thekaz

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I love this idea !!! and sorry to tell you all but even before this hirez PDF idea one could scan & mod & print an existing cert
The real proof is in your IBA number or on the official IBA finished ride list :D