New England 1000

I read a quick mention of this ride but can't seem to find any details. It mentioned 5 New England States but didn't say if all 1000 miles had to be ran in those states or if I could start up north and run thru those 5 on my way South or West. Anyone know anything about this ride?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I read a quick mention of this ride but can't seem to find any details. It mentioned 5 New England States but didn't say if all 1000 miles had to be ran in those states or if I could start up north and run thru those 5 on my way South or West. Anyone know anything about this ride?
Unfortunately, Ed Farrell retired recently and is no longer doing the traditional fixed route New England ride. Mike is working with him to offer it as an IBA ride as we did the certificates for that ride for over 20 years. It should all work out, but Mike wants to make sure it is worked out first before announcing anything.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Mike now informs me that we will be publishing the ride rules this winter, but if you have done the ride and know the routing, you can do it and
we will issue a special certification for the ride.

Ira