NEW Spotwalla

Brookester

Premier Member
A message from Jason:
The new SpotWalla website is open. This is an entirely new website and it's located at:
https://new.spotwalla.com
The old site will be up and running for a while since it will take time for users to migrate to the new site.
You will need to create a new account. Once you log in you will be able to import your old devices and data.
Garmin InReach and SPOT Users!! No issues for y'all. Your devices will import and function on the new site without issues.
SWConnect Users!! After importing your old device, you will need to install the new SWTracker app from the app store. It's a rebranded version of SWConnect that works with the new site.
Bubbler Users!! Unfortunately, we're still waiting on Google to green light the new version of Bubbler. It will be called Bubbler GPS New when it hits the app store. For now, I recommend waiting until it's available.
gibbyTrip Users!! Eventually, you're going to migrate to the new system. At this point I'm not sure gibbyTrip will be available on the new site so consider installing SWTracker or waiting. If you decide to proceed, you can still import all your old data and trips.
If you participate in any group or event location pages, I'll be working with the page owners over the next few weeks to get them up and operational on the new site. I've created a few already, but eventually all the active pages will be moved. It's just going to take some time.
Y'all have fun and be safe out there.
Jason

New bubbler/spot wall a user here and I’m confusticated. So I open the bubbler app to track, but do I then need to log into Spotwalla to start a new track or trip? I get the green lights on bubbler to show all is golden, and the points update and disappear. But I haven’t been able to find the tracked file anywhere. TIA

Yes you need to start a new trip on the spotwalla website. You can make a trip before you actually ride or you can do after you have ridden, spotwalla stores the data for you and you access it by picking the dates and times for each trip.

Yes you need to start a new trip on the spotwalla website. You can make a trip before you actually ride or you can do after you have ridden, spotwalla stores the data for you and you access it by picking the dates and times for each trip.
Thanks! I’d love to be able to give a valid reason why I didn’t know that, but the most probable reason is that I don’t read carefully enough.

Brookester

Premier Member
Update from Jason:
Good News Bubbler GPS Users!!
The new Bubbler app is now available in the Google Play Store. It's called Bubbler GPS NEW. This is the app that knows how to talk to and interact with the new SpotWalla site.
If you haven't created a new account yet, do it here:
https://new.spotwalla.com/register
After logging into the new system, import your old devices. Then install and configure the new Bubbler app to use your user/password on the new site and the Bubbler device you imported.
Have fun!

I'm sorry to be a pest. I'm just not so good with computers. I setup bubbler, I set the ride in Spotwalla, and I drove to work. When I finished, spotwalla said there were no data points stored. Anyone know what I did wrong?

I got it now. I planned a trip in the old spotwalla while my device was in the new. 1 final question, as I tapped the + in the device manager one time too many. How can you delete a device? I searched everywhere, but couldn't find that interface.

Last edited:

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
OK, does anyone know where is the trip adjustment tab in the new SW located? The one with the option to view ALL points on the route.
Thanks,

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
OK, does anyone know where is the trip adjustment tab in the new SW located? The one with the option to view ALL points on the route.
Thanks,
I couldn't find that either. It did seem to default to showing points 10 min apart even though I have my spot tracker set for 5 min intervals. All are viewable in the old Spotwalla but only get half the points in the new version.

Jason Jonas

Premier Member
IBR Staff
Thanks,
That's a right popular question with the new system. Here's what I wrote to someone who posed the same question in a support email...

---------------
The adjustments dialog is not in the new site. The reasoning is twofold. First, the amount of history returned can be controlled using the link builder and creating a link with the desired number of days. I may add a slider or something similar to the viewer to make it easier for a user to adjust this while viewing the trip, but that's a future enhancement.

Second, the fill percentage isn't really necessary since the track that's returned and displayed represents all available location data with the exception of secure locations.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Jason

Jason Jonas

Premier Member
IBR Staff
I got it now. I planned a trip in the old spotwalla while my device was in the new. 1 final question, as I tapped the + in the device manager one time too many. How can you delete a device? I searched everywhere, but couldn't find that interface.
There will eventually be a device delete option, but I clearly didn't add it before going live. :) If you email me (from the same address used to create your account) at [email protected] and tell me the device you want removed, I'll make it happen for you.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Jason Jonas , I am having trouble creating a track from gpx to geojson.

The test examples I've tried were just waypoints, not routes or tracks. I was unable to successfully load them using the internal converter nor converting externally and loading the geojson directly. The same examples, when imported from legacy to new spotwalla didn't display the points on the new version either.

I was able to load them to MyMaps in google, export as kml and then convert and load the tracks successfully.

Jason Jonas

Premier Member
IBR Staff
@BigLew55

It seems best to start with rich KML markup rather than GPX. The converters I'm using may not know how to convert or may simply ignore certain GPX/KML elements. Also, I'm seeing GPX data that's rife with extension data. It only means something to the system/vendor that generated it. For instance, turn-by-turn detail in the HD Planner GPX data. Without writing custom code to translate each type of extension data, that detail is ignored.

I'd like to take a look at the original GPX file you were loading. If you think about it, email it to me - [email protected]. Thanks.