NEW Spotwalla

djlambert

Premier Member
IBA Member
hi,my name is dan and just retired this past dec. im 67 yrs old and not computer savy. electric toothbrushs confuse me. im a premier member but always did snail mail, I want to get in the 21st century, I have a new Spotwalla acct and swtracker, I did atrial run on the22nd and didnt seem to work.don't know if its me or I' did'nt set it up correctly. I received a inreach 2yrs ago but never used. my question is is there aplace where I can get directions on the procedures? I have every intention on making up for lost time and desperately can use the help.Must you log on to spotwalla 1st on a laptop or just the app ? will be forever in your debt if can help me .Thanks

If this is misplaced, please nudge me in the right direction, the search led me to this topic,

I have a new Gen4 Spot, using the new Spotwalla and am having problems with XML feeds. It seems Spot or the parent company now has a new map feature for sharing which is not exactly an XML feed.

So is there a way to generate the link provided in the new mapping feature so that Spotwalla will pull that info? I've tried the hyperlink and also the six or seven digit letter combination at the end of the link separately, neither seems to work.
Was there any clarification on how to link a new spot Gen4 to Spotwalla? this is the only thread that comes up with a search of the forum. The Create XML Feed button is not on the Spot page anymore.
Thanks,

Russ Black

Premier Member
You need to use the online "help" on the Spotwalla website as stated above. It is used by IBA members, but is it's own entity. It will cover all your questions.

Russ Black

Premier Member
I use SWTracker but below is a screenshot from Spotwalla where I can add a Spot Tracker (I'm assuming a Spot Gen4 falls into this category). If this doesn't have what you need then I suggest that you use the "Contact Support" drop down and send a message to the Spotwalla System Administrator.
Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.44.37 PM.png

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Was there any clarification on how to link a new spot Gen4 to Spotwalla? this is the only thread that comes up with a search of the forum. The Create XML Feed button is not on the Spot page anymore.
Thanks,
Follow the instructions on this page. Pay particular attention to the part that says "Scroll the list down and find the XML Feed section. Click the View/Edit button." (this step is not displayed on the "Help" page but is in the text of Step 2.)

https://new.spotwalla.com/help/devices#xml-feed-new

So can you, while at a gas station, directly load/ embed camera images of DBRs in spotwalla without using bubbler? I know I can after the fact, but haven't tried on the sopt...???

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Something I learned about Spotwalla...

If you crop your picture into a square shape, it'll upload correctly. If you don't crop, it will turn the picture sideways.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Interesting. My non-square pictures *always* get flipped 90⁰. The only way I could stop it was to crop them square. I assumed it was something about the coding in Spotwalla.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
:D

Was only asking because (other than my old G'z One which was weird in many ways) the only time I consistently have orientation issues is with pictures taken with my iPad Mini. Four Android devices seem to have none of those issues.