Next Muster date location

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi John could you also keep an eye out for the IBA Australia Memorial Rides dates.
No HiJack intended but we have some exciting activity in the system for that event too.

Now back to normal programming.

Just an update with the 2024 Muster. I did have it all booked & organised but it appears the location was unable to fulfil our requirements.
With that said I am in the midst of finalising where we are having thenext meet.
I can confirm however that it will be on Saturday 16th March 2024, so put it in your calender.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
The date is Sat 16th March 2024.

We have set that the Muster be held either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in March each year.
Hi TJ I wonder can we get your last line above
"We have set that the Muster be held either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in March each year.

Pasted into a prominent place in Up coming events as a sticky and one the main Aussie forum page so this becomes common knowledge
and well prominent for our members please.
It may go some way to saving the day/date and maybe preventing double bookings like what has happened with OZstock.
Just a thought.
Maybe too we should get this thread linked into the 2024 Muster thread if that's possible?

Cheers

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
The planning is some of the fun. Im trawling through routes that follow the river ports which is interesting. Even finding sites that locked in paddle steamers for years at a time when a hungry skipper made a mistake and stretched the flooded river system too far, cut a corner and make a few extra dollars. Or loose the lot.
It was not uncommon to find a steamer miles from the river proper stuck for a season or two high and dry waiting for the next water to come down and release them back to civilisation.

At this point I have Bourke firmly booked in the route. Those plane between the Barwon river and the Culgoa trapped a few.

All part of the fun.