FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If your not involved in the BBR this could be of interest

I've been in touch with Nic regarding help retweeting details of the RBLR1000

I got the following message
Anything we can do to help, you only have to ask - GOOD LUCK and please come to MACH 1, my new motorcycle festival - if you bring a team of 3, you can come for free and WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOU really well...

The event details are here
http://www.nicksanders.com/#!mach-1/xr956

Quote:
As a concept, it's brand new, sort of pub quiz brainy but a lot of fun. At a certain GPS or 6 figure map reference you will find a prize - bottle of beer, brand new helmet? Go for it. Then it gets harder. The locations are hidden in the clues. Go to a cafe, check out the Q-code, scan it with your phone and you're hot on the trail. 1 point for a cappuchino, 1 for a bacon butty & 2 for getting the question right. Best photo of the day wins a prize. Best fancy-dress - defo ... Identify and photograph a subject the organisers set for you and win more points. The journey begins from your front door. At 8am on the start date a text message will be sent to every rider; it's a Scatter Rally and the clues start as soon as you turn your key. £1000 worth of prizes. Trophies for the winners; best BIG bike, best small bike 125cc & under, best custom paint-job, best trike, best team. Everyone gets a medal. Prize for best individual rider. MACH 1 - the best badly kept secret in motorcycling

Seems to me its a mini BBR

Let me know if your interested. If there are three of you still so much better

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've only ever done one treasure hunt type rally. I spent more time faffing around in villages getting frustrated because I couldn't find things, and for some places I could have easily cheated and used my smartphone internet connection to find out the answers.

This is why I prefer IBA rallies. You know where exactly to ride to (if the RM's co-ordinates are accurate ;)) and what to expect before you arrive.

As Lee has said it's a pity about the clash as it might have been worth a look - I'd hope to find lots of little prizes for the £64.25 entry fee though :eek: