No email confirmation of Electronic Ride Application

mikey666

Premier Member
Hi, I submitted an electronic ride application according to the instructions at https://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/index.html three days ago. It says “Once you send your application, you will recieve an automated email confirmation. If you do not, please send an email to [email protected] I didn’t receive the confirmation so I emailed ibarides as instructed and have not received a reply to that either. Yes, I absolutely checked my SPAM folder and neither the automatic confirmation nor any reply from ibarides are there either. What’s my next move, print it all out and mail it the old-fashioned way?

Thanks,
Mike

I submitted one back in June and almost instantly got an automated email. A couple of days later, I got another email, not automated but written by someone.

How long has it been since you emailed the ibarides email? That one might be monitored by real people, so it might take a few days to get one back from that, but I won't presume to know.

What email service did you use to submit? I used my secondary "mail.com" address because my primary email was Gmail and at the time I signed up on the forums, they were having issues with Gmail addresses, so I had the forum email switched to my mail.com email and when it came time to submit, I used that same one because I didn't know if the Google issues had been resolved.

Admittedly, I only have submitted my first one ever in June, and haven't been a member of the forums very long, so I can't really say much of anything about how all this stuff works.

I submitted my documentation roughly 2 weeks ago and I have the same issue. I sent my application to the ibaapplication and then followed up to the ibarides email address per the instructions and I received no replies from either. Would've been nice to just get confirmation that they got it and will get to it to as appropriate but I haven't heard back either.

The instructions also mentioned "If for some reason there is a delay in the certification of your ride, you will have the ability to ask, and we will have the ability to answer, what the problem may be." Guess that's not happening...

I PM'ed one of the admins on here and he said they likely got it and to just wait... Sometimes you just got to trust the system and hope for the best I guess. If you hear back, please post up as I'm very curious. On a side note, I sent my documentation from my Gmail as well and nothing in my spam folder...

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Many times the acknowledgement is caught up in spam filters, either by the ISP or your browser. My experience is that if your email doesn't bounce back to you, we probably have it.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I'm crossing my fingers as well. I sent mine in a month ago and didn't see a return email. I wonder if an aol address is even worse than gmail :D

mikey666

Premier Member
They were both sent from a gmail address. I emailed ibarides about 4 hours after the first email was sent when I didn’t receive an auto-reply. Both were sent on the 11th. There are absolutely no replies to either in my spam folder.

It's probably best to not send the same ride multiple times, either from the same or different email addresses. That puts more work on the people doing the certifications and backs up the system.

mikey666

Premier Member
It's probably best to not send the same ride multiple times, either from the same or different email addresses. That puts more work on the people doing the certifications and backs up the system.
I would not have submitted more than once if I had received the automatic reply I was told to expect. As far as I know neither submission has been received.