Northern Ireland

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You can't register for rides. You can document the ride per the IBA's guidelines and submit that in one of a few different ways after you do the ride.

Start your reading HERE. The Electronic method is HERE.

You're probably aware, Ireland is an island... You will need to use care to document your Dated Business Receipt stops to demonstrate you rode the path you chose to ride. Repetitive circular routes are frowned upon, so try to use as much of the length of the island as you can, within reason for where fuel is available and the time line involved. Looks like it will be four legs if you ride the length of the island and back twice. MAP EXAMPLE

Please ask more questions if you have them, and feel free to share a link to the route you wish to ride via Google Maps. Remember to add a 3% to 5% buffer on your mileage to ensure you do exceed 1000 miles.

Also of importance, Ireland uses Km instead of Miles, as I understand. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. If that is the case, you would want to submit a SS1600 kms ride, not a SS1000 ride. Link HERE. The KM series of rides is specifically for rides outside the USA where Kms are the normal standard for measuring distance.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
For my ride I am carrying fuel and will fuel up in the middle of nowhere ..... documenting this with photos and gps location would be ok ????
If I understand you correctly, you will be carrying extra fuel in some kind of gas can and plan on stopping somewhere and filling your tank from that gas can, is that correct? Is so, you can document with photo, gps, and odo reading. At the end of the ride, you should fill up both the main tank and the gas can to account for the fuel. Also include a note with your submission indicating you carried additional fuel.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Grizz - Best to start a new thread, not piggyback onto one for a completely different area with different questions. As Ira indicated, you still need to show receipts for all the fuel you purchase. Ideally, you still will have a Dated Business Receipt every 350 miles/560kms as well. Those receipts do not have to be for gas.

@Grizz - Best to start a new thread, not piggyback onto one for a completely different area with different questions. As Ira indicated, you still need to show receipts for all the fuel you purchase. Ideally, you still will have a Dated Business Receipt every 350 miles/560kms as well. Those receipts do not have to be for gas.

Cheers bloke advice noted thank you for your time