Now or Never

Wombattle

A bit tardy for me but I've managed to write some bits on this uncompleted ride. Thanks Mrs Wom, TigerBill, OX-34 for the help at the start. A special thanks to Rob M for his company and for letting me be his bitch during the 500k trip home on the GSA.

Oops I did it again!

Do you reckon this will polish out?
IMG_7632-e1520820633473.jpg

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Wom I read on the KLR650 forum (Tried-and-true engine and fuel fixes sub-forum) that these sorts of minor problems can be expensive to fix if done by the dealer. However, rather than asking your dealer to fix it - no dealer should be allowed near a KLR650 apparently - just use the bottom (not lid) from a 425g can of tuna. Gently tap it into place with half a house brick using another can as a drift. You will need to use some electrical tape to thicken up the gasket. The repair will still cost nearly $4 for the parts if you buy new cans unfortunately.

Wombattle

Wom I read on the KLR650 forum (Tried-and-true engine and fuel fixes sub-forum) that these sorts of minor problems can be expensive to fix if done by the dealer. However, rather than asking your dealer to fix it - no dealer should be allowed near a KLR650 apparently - just use the bottom (not lid) from a 425g can of tuna. Gently tap it into place with half a house brick using another can as a drift. You will need to use some electrical tape to thicken up the gasket. The repair will still cost nearly $4 for the parts if you buy new cans unfortunately.
That's what I did last time. Only lasted 12000kms though! Looking for the $5 option next :).