Odometer Pictures in Gas Receipts

Ron

I'm currently trying to plan an IBA ride on a dirt bike. However, the dirt bike has an aftermarket odometer, which means that the mileage of the bike is not recorded unless I tell it to. If I were to submit a ride without having a picture of the odometer, is that a problem? If I could have trip odometer would that be okay?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the dirt bike has an aftermarket odometer, which means that the mileage of the bike is not recorded unless I tell it to," but you don't need a photo of the odo. Zero a trip odo and use that. Record your reading in your trip log, per the ride rules.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ron

Thanks!

I was always under the impression the actual mileage of the bike needed to be recorded. Hasn't been a problem until now...

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Thanks!

I was always under the impression the actual mileage of the bike needed to be recorded. Hasn't been a problem until now...
From a verification point of view, we don't care if your bike odo has ten miles or a million and ten miles on it. -)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A trip meter that has been zeroed out at the start is fine, be it a bicycle trip meter or the trip meter function on a GPS unit. As I said, we don't care how many miles are on the bike - we just want your estimate of distance ridden between stops.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association