Official IBA member now!

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Woo! (Sorry, I just wanted to hoot a bit!) IBA #70205

My wife just chuckled a little when I found out. "So, maybe that ride wasn't a 'one-off' after all?"

Nope! I gotta qualify for that 'Mile Eater', and then there's the 'Border-to-Border', oh, and there's a 'Heaven-to-Hell' ride, and...

It's just not going to stop! (Which is exactly the point, now that I think about it!) ;)

Morrissey

Congratulations! I completed my first SS1000 ride this passed July so I know the feeling. I wouldn't say I'm addicted as I still am more interested in enjoying the scenic route and having time to stop and take pictures, but I am excited to attempt a second ride this coming season. I am currently trying to decide between an all Ontario SS1000 or a Lower Great Lakes Circle SS1000. I'd like to attempt a BB1500 at some point and I'd be interested in trying the Boarder to Boarder too, but I have to be realistic about how much riding time I have to commit to these rides. I have a 4yr old and a 20mo old and I don't want to miss these years. I figure it won't be long before they stop thinking I'm cool and don't want to hang out with me anymore. I'll wait until that happens to start planning multiple/extended IBA rides!

Congrats again!

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Thank you! I'm looking at a BB1500 trip this next spring. I'd like to loop around from SLC, to the in-laws place in Redding, CA, up through Bend, OR, and then back home, via Wendover NV. This should be a do-able route, along with a spare gas can! ;)

Roadglider

Premier Member
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I am also a new member IBA #70208. When I read pdbuzz's post, I chuckled. I have rides planned for 2018, 2019 and possible Rally depending on location in 2020 or 2021. This year will be the four seasons award with the start of the pressed penny ride. Next year will be the 12 Ides Insanity (which is actually 13 rides). I feel your excitement.

Glad to be a member!

-Gene

Thank you! I'm looking at a BB1500 trip this next spring. I'd like to loop around from SLC, to the in-laws place in Redding, CA, up through Bend, OR, and then back home, via Wendover NV. This should be a do-able route, along with a spare gas can! ;)
If I may ask, what do you ride?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
After the HW3-2017 Rally - my wife and I continued on the road for a couple more weeks and wanted to visit our daughter in Sweet Home, Oregon during the Eclipse. Leaving Nampa, ID - I was planning on taking the 20 across Oregon to Bend. However, a trucker advised me the 26 was a better route. I'm so glad I for once listened, because it turned out being one of the best riding days of the trip. Going through John Day etc. was beautiful. Traffic was light. We rejoined the 20 after Sisters and followed to Sweet Home. Bend is also beautiful; but can be heavy traffic with tourists. Although it has been my experience riding the Pacific North West - you generally can't go wrong regardless of route. Good luck and congratulations on your first ride certification.

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Oh yeah, Hwy 26 is pretty great! I used to live in Oregon for awhile. Hwy 20 was a more frequent road for me though, coming back to Utah to visit.

Jon Kerr

More lost than found
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Pdbuzz, Roadglider.
Congrats. Good group here, you’ll enjoy it. PDBuzz, I’m one hour south of you in Alpine.
It’s been good riding weather until tonight!

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Pdbuzz, Roadglider.
Congrats. Good group here, you’ll enjoy it. PDBuzz, I’m one hour south of you in Alpine.
It’s been good riding weather until tonight!
Oh yeah! I rode in to work on Thurs (I live in Tooele and work in SLC). Now look at it! :( Oh well, now I can strap it to the table and get to work on my winter upgrades! New handlebars and brake calipers!