Oldest Ironbutt bike in the world: A new reign...?

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Yes, the bike is home again, and there will be more testing and new attempts during this summer.
...but under the radar.

In the mean while, here is a short video from the ride that our member "Remington" has put togehter.

Smokin' hot! :D

Make sure you watch it now already. It has got a music track added, and that seems to be a fool proof way of getting a clip lifted off Youtube in no time at all.

Thanks all for your support!

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks like the lifter has been built up before? maybe the temperature of the repair was to high and the material has gone beyond the recrystallization temp causing the fracture where the material transitions.

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Let's fill out some blanks here:

...but not the blanks as in "text is comming soon" .
Fact is that Flathead has had a recent computer break down, on top of everything.
When it rains, it pours. We all know the rut, right?

Magnus is also busy arranging the upcoming weekend's RTE in his hometown Oskarshamn, and has gotten a "new" methanol propelled toy running for us to experience at the RTE, and, and, and...

Some 80 hp or so, direct drive as in no gears - and absloutely no brakes. Great fun at any RTE, right?
Guess we have to restrict the test rides until the four O'clock photo is taken...

...is also busy getting the 1926 DS up and running, so I guess the text above has just been shelfed for a while.
Please be patient - the project itself is still on.

Magnus seems to have a cunning plan, revolving around a clover-leafed route centered in his own garage where spares and additional oil can sit, not weighing the bike down more than neccessary.

Not at all as bold as the original plan - to set off 1000 miles in one direction, towards the horizon.
Much more likely to work, though. Fingers still crossed for Magnus and the DS!
...which also justifies any typing(spelling...) issues. :cool:

Last edited:

BMWguy

IBA Member
Great to hear!
Wishing you all involved much success! I believe many folks are following this thread.
As my grandson, who's 7 years old says... "Drop The Mic"!! LOL!!