On-line ride submission

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
Disclaimer first: Im a tech-tard.
But I would like to try the e-mail submission. I get how to upload copies of the forms, log, etc into an email. But the map tracking app (GeoTracker on Android) that Ive been using for normal little rides and stuff has me stumped. It saves as a GPX file. Would this be acceptable? And if so, do I just attach it (the file) to the e-mail along with log and forms?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
But I would like to try the e-mail submission. I get how to upload copies of the forms, log, etc into an email. But the map tracking app (GeoTracker on Android) that Ive been using for normal little rides and stuff has me stumped. It saves as a GPX file. Would this be acceptable? And if so, do I just attach it (the file) to the e-mail along with log and forms?
Yup.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Scott Parish

Premier Member
For quicker turnaround - if not already done so; I highly recommend upgrading to premier member status. I generally have rides certified in 2 weeks or less. Can be longer during peak summer riding months.

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
Well, I got it all in an e-mail and sent a little bit ago. Maybe. Showed sending, went to outbox while sending, showed up in sent folder, and is now gone from everywhere. Not in sent folder, didnt go to drafts, not in trash, gone.
Waiting a little bit to see if I get the confirmation reply before going any farther.

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
Update: re-submitted it and same thing happened. But got a confirmation about 10min after 2nd try. Not sure which went thru (or possibly both) but I got it submitted!
Also, giving more thought to Premier membership. Since the kids are pretty much grown.....

Bntyhntr6975

Premier Member
If anyone has any hesitation for trying the email submission, rest assured its easy and painless. And fast. I was NOT expecting to receive the packet this last Saturday (was expecting maybe 3-5 more weeks) but there it was, delivered. Turn around time of just a couple weeks. And not even Premier member yet.

BigDaddy

Premier Member
Congrats! Its been 5 weeks since I sent in my memorial day ride info, online, and I'm still waiting. And I am a premier member. But I know that with the rally going on, things will be slow for a while.