Operation Burrito Run

In just a few days I will be leaving my home in Seattle to soothe the savage craving for a breakfast burrito with gyros and green chili at Pete's Kitchen, in Denver. This is 1317 miles. I will have my long sought after burrito and then make for the small town of Arnold NE to visit the grave of a fallen brother, Michael "Spike" Davenport. This makes for a grand total of 1600 miles plus a bit of change. If I make Rawlins the first day, which is a bit more than 1000 miles I will have bagged my SS1000 and my BB1500 in one fell swoop. From this I will head home, dragging my feet a bit, as I visit some family in Cody.

I checked the weather and it's going to be HOT the whole way and I can't wait!

Oh, the burrito is the original inspiration for this trip. It's a really, really good burrito. Perhaps in the fall I'll have to take a trip to Sherman's Deli in Palm Springs.

Hope your run went great...totally understand riding that far for a really good burrito. I once drove from LA to La Paz, Baja California Sur for an Exquistio Hot Dog (well, actually 3 of them) found only from street vendors in La Paz.

CB650F

Premier Member
I somehow missed this when you posted it. Did you mean Cody Wyoming? Must be a Yellowstone visit if so. That is a beautiful area of the country. How'd the trip go?

I somehow missed this when you posted it. Did you mean Cody Wyoming? Must be a Yellowstone visit if so. That is a beautiful area of the country. How'd the trip go?
Well, the day before I was to leave I checked up on the forecasts and found that it was going to be raining across three states of my planned route and a heatwave on the way back. I'm postponing until late August or September. Instead I chose to ride on the Oregon coast which was cool and foggy.

While I'm not opposed to riding in the rain my window(s) of opportunity sort of relies on cooperative weather.