OX-34 - Lap of Australia on Highway 1

gus

="Fatman, post: 17239, member: 286"]Thanks Gus, he's looking good.
Looks are a bit deceiving, said he was feeling a bit crook the last 2 days and not a lot of quality sleep.
In good spirits though and had a "fun" time in NT roadworks near Boorooloo or whatever that place is.

He had no plan for the ride and is winging it, a small issue with the tank which may be sorted but was filling at every opportunity to be safe with opening times and possible backtracking.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Looks are a bit deceiving, said he was feeling a bit crook the last 2 days and not a lot of quality sleep.
In good spirits though and had a "fun" time in NT roadworks near Boorooloo or whatever that place is.

He had no plan for the ride and is winging it, a small issue with the tank which may be sorted but was filling at every opportunity to be safe with opening times and possible backtracking.
Thanks Gus.
Any idea what issue there was with the aux tank... mines almost finished and ill address possible issue now if i can

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Looking like Peter could be a facing a little wet weather as he crosses into South Australia. A far bit of rain is forecast for late Wednesday and Thursday. If possible will try to get some time away from the brewery to offer some support.

Nev..

Premier Member
Does the Hwy 1 turn into the M1 and take OX trough the middle of Melbourne and Sydney?
Yes, the Hwy 1 passes through the centre of every state capital, including Hobart. Through Melbourne it's freeway/tollway all the way, interrupted only by endless roadworks and traffic jams. Through Sydney it's not freeway all the way, but the roads north of the harbour all tend to travel pretty well in my experience.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Does anyone have an idea of Ox's route timing on the East Coast?
(I'm trying to juggle my diary to see if I can be at Batemans Bay to wave him through on Friday, assuming he will be through there sometime on Friday?)

IBA-Tiger

Hi all.
Just spoke with Ox - a rough night with pea-soup fog, trucks with three trailers barrelling along on parkers only!
Had the planned 'longer' stop at Ravensthorpe, seems to be over his mild illness (which he started with).
Sounds okay, said he'd rather be proud of a 10-day lap than take chances.
Also said he'll be on familiar ground once he turns at Norseman.
Aux tank bouncing around, may remove at Norseman.
Keep watching!

BTW - I don't have a Ride Plan, seems there may not have been a specific one, other than keep the Ocean on the right, and keep turning left!!
Having said that, he is/was aware of the necessary diversion in FNQ.

SimonB

Premier Member
Thanks for the update Bill. Sounds like a rough night.
Depending on timing I may be able to intercept somewhere on the south coast of NSW.

Vlad

Premier Member
I was curious about the route through Sydney as well, does he have to stick with the Prince's hwy coming from the south which wld mean going straight thru the guts of the city and then up the pacific hwy to Wahroonga or is he allowed the by pass rds. What do you think TJ?

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I was curious about the route through Sydney as well, does he have to stick with the Prince's hwy coming from the south which wld mean going straight thru the guts of the city and then up the pacific hwy to Wahroonga or is he allowed the by pass rds. What do you think TJ?
Good question, my understanding is the route must follow Highway 1 through the guts of Sydney and onto the Pacific Highway. Timing for this section will be important to say the least