Perhaps ‘Same-City-Name’ Ride?

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Have you ever thought about how fun a ride would be riding to cities with the same name… maybe like between Macon’s? And then there are multiple San Antonio’s and places named Detroit and Memphis. Or between cities named after states or provinces like Ontario or Virginia or California? Or between cities named after countries like Poland, Mexico, Italy, Germany and Spain? And did you know you can spell a country by visiting Twenty Nine Palms, California? Look close… (Nepla). These opportune locations are world-wide. You determine your ‘same-name’ city combination and ride duration.

If so, what would you name it and what would you recommend for the graphics? (Yeah… I’m likely gunna get fired over this one too).

This would be a fun-ride, thinking any IBA ride would apply and it would be SpotWalla required only to verify you went through those obscure cross-road locations like Egypt, MS and Virginia, ME… and Peru, ME.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There are many opportunities for creating fun rides like this. Some already exist, Las Vegas, NV to Las Vegas, NM with the right route can be stretched into a SS1k, or LV to LV to LV into a BB or BBG route.

I planned out a "Tonopah Squared", (Tonopah x Tonopah, (could also be Tonopah Cubed BB/BBG) ), route riding from Tonopah, NV to Tonopah, AZ and back for a SS1K, but didn't find the time to ride it while I still lived in the West. It would have been fun to create artwork with a mathematical or geometry concept for those rides. Or maybe some play on "No mater where you go, you still end up in Tonopah."

Most city names are used multiple times in the USA. No limit to the amount of creative fun you can have. Other fun themes could be "Escape from XXXX" ride. Or "I was sooo lost that I rode to XXXX 5 times!" o_O

I could ride from Tupelo, MS to Tupelo, AR (no receipt except possibly the post office), to Tupelo, OK, then back to Tupelo, MS for a SS1K. Perhaps I'll do that some day next summer.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I did one as a ride in for BAT in 2019. I called it the 'Damn Son!' ride. I started in Donnellson, got DBRs in Dennison, IA, Henderson and Morrison, before ending in Denison, TX.

I believe that same year Dave Uhl did a ride in started out west hitting several Denison municipalities.

I think it's a fun way to add some creativity to a ride. 20240112_090756 2.jpg