Potential new UK certificated ride

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Last year I contacted El Presidente with an idea for a new ride. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have a go at it last year but am going to do a recce starting early tomorrow morning. :D

It's similar to the UK 4 Corners ride but has a few subtle differences. It's a 2000 miler and if you're bored you can follow me via the Spotwalla link below. If everything is verified and approved by the IBA Emperor from across the pond then full details will be announced in due course :)

https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=11c99579f49d9eccb9&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
If you check my Spotwalla trip you'll see. Like a 4 Corners but start from where you want. Corners must be visited in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction (so no zig zagging from Lowestoft to Wales). And you MUST get a receipt at EVERY corner. So one from Penzance or Wick won't be accepted. Finish where you started in under 48 hours. Wherever you start you'll always ride over 2100 miles.

The key is the planning. Riding is hard too, but you need to be in the right places at the right times to get receipts. :eek: :D

Time of year, weather, daylight hours, traffic, roadworks. They all make a difference as I found out, having ridden 2174 miles with only 45 minutes to spare :rolleyes:

The hardest ride I've ever done :cool:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I like the look of this one no dead mileage to get to the start.
Exactly John. I think I only had to ride about 4 miles to get to my nearest 24 fuel station for my start receipt. Living where you do coming up to Lowestoft then going anti-clockwise might work out. :)

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Exactly John. I think I only had to ride about 4 miles to get to my nearest 24 fuel station for my start receipt. Living where you do coming up to Lowestoft then going anti-clockwise might work out. :)
Likewise i have about a mile to a 24 hr garage which is about a mile to the Dartford crossing, anti-clockwise might just work.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Just had a quick work out on google maps Dartford-Lowestoft Tesco's then anti -clock 2133 miles in 40 hours
then it is a question of timing so you arrive at the other three corners when the shop is open to get a receipt.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just had a quick work out on google maps Dartford-Lowestoft Tesco's then anti -clock 2133 miles in 40 hours
then it is a question of timing so you arrive at the other three corners when the shop is open to get a receipt.
Yep. You may want to experiment with your start time so you can get to JOG during the day then build in a rest break of x hours somewhere after that so you can be at St Davids then LE at normal times on day two. Like I said in my ride report don't forget to consider rush hours and anticipated traffic on some of the major roads you're likely to use. I thought I'd got it cracked but due to delays on the first day and weather and Glasgow traffic I had to eat into my 3 hour buffer at the end of the ride.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A question Mark .. The rules say a receipt from JOG and Land's End (NOT Wick or Penance) so I take it Any JOG or LE receipt is acceptable as long as it has the location on it.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
A question Mark .. The rules say a receipt from JOG and Land's End (NOT Wick or Penance) so I take it Any JOG or LE receipt is acceptable as long as it has the location on it.
Yes, so long as all receipts have the place name on they'd be accepted. For LE I used the parking ticket which saves having to go into any shop or the hotel. It has the name and date/time on it. For St.Davids I used the Texaco garage on the east side of the town. At JOG I stopped at the small post office/shop/fuel station as you come into the village. And at Lowestoft the 24hr Tesco fuel station. :)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes, so long as all receipts have the place name on they'd be accepted. For LE I used the parking ticket which saves having to go into any shop or the hotel. It has the name and date/time on it. For St.Davids I used the Texaco garage on the east side of the town. At JOG I stopped at the small post office/shop/fuel station as you come into the village. And at Lowestoft the 24hr Tesco fuel station. :)
Did the same on LE and was looking at the JOG Seaview Hotel as an option .. Thanks for the update..