Premier membership - is it still worth it?

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks for confirming Ira. Even with Premier Membership, Lady Luck has to favor you for the opportunity at a 3-digit number.

Rob,
Navarre, FL
IBA #15661

John negus

G'day all..premier membership is no advantage to us in Oz but I am amazed that we don't pay anything to belong to the IronButt family.As for the $40 or 80 cents a week..there is probably more than that thrown in the glove box of your car each week.. I think I'm lucky to be an Ironbutter and know that anything we pay for is cheap as chips!!..Cheers and yippee..jn

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My wife and I went to try out a Red Robin here in Havasu last month.
Two hamburgers with F/Fs and some onion rings came with a flirty young waitress and cost about $40.
The $40 for a Premiere membership, to quote cousin Eddie, is "The gift that keeps on giving all year long."

Philmor

Premier Member
G'day all..premier membership is no advantage to us in Oz but I am amazed that we don't pay anything to belong to the IronButt family.As for the $40 or 80 cents a week..there is probably more than that thrown in the glove box of your car each week.. I think I'm lucky to be an Ironbutter and know that anything we pay for is cheap as chips!!..Cheers and yippee..jn
First, one should view a Premier membership more of a donation to the organization than anything else.
We are very grateful to those members who decide to become Premier members. You are, indeed, the core of the organization.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

And that is why I am happy to be a Premier Member :)

Mike F

Premier Member
It's refreshing to hear someone, anyone simply tell the truth. When Ira said we should consider Premier membership a donation to the IBA, he spoke the truth. When the magazine was a go, we Premier members had the long end of the stick. Now that it's gone (and I sure do miss it), we have the short end, a donation. And I'm ok with that. The IBA is a one of a kind organization, one I want to continue and flourish. $40 seems a small price to pay to insure its success.

chfnelson

Premier Member
I have been a Premier Member for years. I am sorry the magazine went bye-bye, but I still send my money every year. I believe in supporting the IBA.
I would like the Premier Member bar under my sig pic.

Last edited:

kjsmart

Premier Member
I agree that it was nice to get the Iron Butt magazine as part of the premier membership fee -- but I always looked on the magazine as a "bonus", and not as the sole reason to keep the membership going. Mary and I enjoy our association with the IBA, and see the Premier Membership as a simple way to help keep the organization going. Work (a four letter work not unlike "snow") continues to interfere with our freedom to take off on long rides -- which means few opportunities for us to complete documented rides to help generate revenue for the IBA. The Premier fee, certainly modest, helps us feel like we're still contributing to the IBA in some small way.

chfnelson

Premier Member
The magazine was a nice perk, but since I believe in the organization, I will continue to pay the additional money. It is not going to bust my budget.

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I am proud to be a part of the IBA so I will always support the organization, the magazine was nice, but it wasn't the reason that I renew my premier membership.

RDY2GO!

Premier Member
I guess I'll just chime in like everyone else. The IBA is a great organization with good people that do good things, that's why I choose to support them by being a Premier member.

I'll be renewing my membership again in a few months, just my way of saying thanks to the crew.

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, I'm kind of a big deal everywhere I go. I realize everyone knows that.

But for $40 a pop - I get to be better known as a Premier Big Deal - you know, in the infamous inner circle.

I get my monies worth just knowing I'm helping put gas in the Rolls-Royce Kneebone drives...:p:D

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Jack D.??? As in the Jack D. I know.?? What are you doing in IL???

However, on topic - mine doesn't show premier or IBR Finisher either.

Jack D

Premier Member
Steve, It is and I am the same Jack D. IBA is evidently using my birthplace instead of my residence. And your Premier Member and IBR finisher do show up for me. Maybe they do not show up when you are logged in and see your own post. Does mine show up for you? Oops, all of a sudden mine showed up. WTH, over?

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry - who is this really Jack...:D I was wondering how that happened, I did know you were a Land O' Lincoln kid but it through me a smidge when I saw it. Thought maybe you deserted us Old - New - Mexicans.

Actually, I think someone caught it and fixed them both. Whomever it was - thanks.