Proposed new ride - Sir Don (Bradman)

Taffey

I’d like to run this one past a few people to test the temperature...

The proposed ride is called the Sir Don, or alternatively it could be called The Don. Like the real Don, it starts at 89 Adams Street, Cootamundra, the birthplace of Sir Donald. The ride then progresses to Bowral Oval, where Don Bradman started playing cricket. From there you ride to Hurstville Oval home of St George Cricket Club, Don’s first Grade side in Sydney.

You then ride to the Adelaide Cricket Oval, where Don made his First Class Debut, scoring a ton on debut. From here, you ride to the Gabba, where the Don made his Test debut.

Turning south, you head via the SCG, the place where he told his Dad that he would one day play, through to the MCG, where Don made his first Test Century. This is where the ride ends.

It’s 5545km on a direct ride for Google and I propose that it be completed within 93 hours, 52 mins and 48 seconds. Or 93.88 hours - 93.88 being the Donald’s batting average for the season he debut for Australia. This would average around 59 km/h, a reasonable extension of the average per km rate say for the Bun Burner.

What do folk think?
1624398582823.png

kwaka

Premier Member
G'day Taffey, interesting concept, opens up a whole new line of themed rides, possibly "Sports Stars". Expanded, the idea may well be suited for sport themed rides around the world?
Especially where m/cycle sporting events are held.

@Great concept Taffey.

Taffey

Was chatting to @jeffrey gebler and there could be a good extension to Adelaide - to 2 Holden Street, Kensington Park, Adelaide, where Don finally called stumps in 2001. Certainly make the journey within the proposed time slightly more challenging. And in doing so I propose there could be three additional versions.

Sir Don Debuts - as above finishing in Melbourne
Sir Don Test - finishing in Adelaide (Kensington Park) using his Test average - 6272km - 99 hours 56 mins and 24 seconds at 62.75 km/h
Sir Don First Class - Adelaide, using his first class average as time - 95 hours 8 mins and 24 seconds at 65.92 km/h
Sir Don Debuts Gold - Adelaide, using his test debut average as time - 93 hours 52 mins & 48 seconds at 66.8 km/h

Thoughts??
1625176152268.png

Last edited:

Biggles

Premier Member
A wonderful tribute to a great man of character. Well conceived by an obvious acolyte!
I can imagine you sitting at the back of a servo watching the minutes tick by to get the docket with the exact time to match the target! ;)