Question regarding Photo Witness Method

Hello,

I completed another Iron butt ride this month, and I'm putting together the paperwork. I have been taking photos of my receipts in front of my odometer and GPS built into my 2021 Goldwing. In addition to the photos google maps appears to keep records of the location the photos are taken:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/phrYxim6qvfeUfbs5

I have attached my ride logs and details. You should be able to view the GPS location from by clicking on the Info "(I)" Icon in the top right. I'm still not sure why some photos do not display GPS details while others do. Is this a fairly reasonable method of logging photos and keeping logs? Ultimately I will have to figure out spotwalla.com, but for now I'm at a loss. Bubbler GPS is finicky and I'm still not sure what type of a GPS device to purchase.

Thanks,
-Kareem

Attachments

kyspyder

Premier Member
Spotwalla has been in the process of moving to a new version, Bubbler GPS has a new version that works with the newspotwalla.com version while the older one works with the spotwalla.com version. It is also important to make sure that you have enabled the option for Bubbler to access and run in the background without it being the focused application. You mention GPS device, no GPS device is required for spotwalla, only your phone, just in case you may be thinking that one is required.

It looks like a lot of your pics show a trip meter and not the bikes odometer.
Scott I took pictures of Both the Tripmeter and the Odometer. The only way you can tell the difference between the tripmeter and odometer is by looking for a trip A or trip B above the number output. Does the GPS location info show up for the pictures? I know for the first 6 or so I doesn't appear in the "Information" section.

Thanks,
-Kareem

Spotwalla has been in the process of moving to a new version, Bubbler GPS has a new version that works with the newspotwalla.com version while the older one works with the spotwalla.com version. It is also important to make sure that you have enabled the option for Bubbler to access and run in the background without it being the focused application. You mention GPS device, no GPS device is required for spotwalla, only your phone, just in case you may be thinking that one is required.
So I don't even need bubbler GPS just my phone to use spotwalla? Humm... Let me tinker with this some more.

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Scott I took pictures of Both the Tripmeter and the Odometer. The only way you can tell the difference between the tripmeter and odometer is by looking for a trip A or trip B above the number output. Does the GPS location info show up for the pictures? I know for the first 6 or so I doesn't appear in the "Information" section.

Thanks,
-Kareem
I’m not seeing location data. It’s not required for submission.

kyspyder

Premier Member
So I don't even need bubbler GPS just my phone to use spotwalla? Humm... Let me tinker with this some more.
You do need the software on the phone, in your case Bubbler, there is a new version for the newspotwalla.com I think its called Bubbler GPS new or new Bubbler GPS, sorry I forget at the moment. This software feeds location information to spotwalla or newspotwalla. It is a tracker if you will.

You do need the software on the phone, in your case Bubbler, there is a new version for the newspotwalla.com I think its called Bubbler GPS new or new Bubbler GPS, sorry I forget at the moment. This software feeds location information to spotwalla or newspotwalla. It is a tracker if you will.
Google maps is also doing the same thing as well in my photos:

Do I really need to use spotwalla or bubbler if I'm:

Taking a photo of the My Odometer, receipt, Motorcycle GPS location, and Google Maps Photos also shows the photo was taken at the same GPS location?

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cHIybEdkdExqQkw4dW5OSWc0elBqei0xRTF6RVV3

Is this sufficient evidence that I was on this ride for reporting purposes?

CB650F

Premier Member

Taking a photo of the My Odometer, receipt, Motorcycle GPS location, and Google Maps Photos also shows the photo was taken at the same GPS location?
No, you probably don't really need to use Spotwalla or Bubbler. Most rides don't require Spotwalla tracking. Standard Saddlesore and Bunburner rides don't require it. It's only a requirement when you start doing the significantly more difficult rides. That said, Spotwalla will never hurt you unless you are doing something shady. For a legitimate ride, it will only help. It should say it in the ride description if you are required to use Spotwalla.

The photos of your odometer and receipts are the primary means of proving you did the ride. It is legitimately easier to just do the rides than it is to fake those photos and receipts. It's also way more fun!

kyspyder

Premier Member
Google maps is also doing the same thing as well in my photos:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cHIybEdkdExqQkw4dW5OSWc0elBqei0xRTF6RVV3

Is this sufficient evidence that I was on this ride for reporting purposes?
Those are sufficient, however, if you are wanting to submit via the Premier path, electronic tracking is required (spotwalla is preferred).

Premier is a personal choice and is not required for any submission.

Last edited: