Question Regarding SSG2k & BBG1500 Certifications

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
You can order the items when you submit your rides.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Our policy is that one can only order patches, pins, etc. for rides for which you have been certified. So unless you have already completed a BBG and SSG2K, I think you could be awaiting those item until the rides are certified.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Hello Ira,

I submitted my paperwork (along with payments via paypal ) on 9/25 around 10:40pm PST for the following certifications:

SaddleSore 1000
BunBurner 1500
BunBurner GOLD 1500
SaddleSore 2000
SaddleSore 2000 GOLD
(Note: 3 of the certifications on this list are nested)

Based on the maps and time tables provided I believe my submissions are valid? I may have paid extra for the pins,patches, etc. If that is in error someone will let me know.

Thanks,
-Kareem

Hello Ira,

I submitted my paperwork (along with payments via paypal ) on 9/25 around 10:40pm PST for the following certifications:

SaddleSore 1000
BunBurner 1500
BunBurner GOLD 1500
SaddleSore 2000
SaddleSore 2000 GOLD
(Note: 3 of the certifications on this list are nested)

Based on the maps and time tables provided I believe my submissions are valid? I may have paid extra for the pins,patches, etc. If that is in error someone will let me know.

Thanks,
-Kareem
Okay I see were my confusion Is, and some clarification:

IBA Website said:
There are other cases where "nesting" events are not allowed. The basic rule for multiple certificates on the same ride is that if one ride, by definition, is completed within another, IBA will only issue a single certificate. For example, everyone who completes a Bun Burner GOLD (BBG-1,500 miles in 24 hours) has, by definition, completed a Saddlesore 1000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours) and a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours). So IBA would issue a certificate for the BBG but NOT for the SS1000 or BB1500. On the other hand, you can complete a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours) without necessarily completing a Saddlesore 1000. But if, while riding a BB 1500, you do ride 1,000 miles in 24 hours, you MAY apply for both the SS 1000 and BB 1500 certificates, and both will be issued.
This quote was taken directly from: https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/nesting.html

I think I see where the error was made on my part. I guess there are only two certifications for this ride and not the other 3 I'm attempting to "nest". Hopefully I can get this straightened out with someone when reviewing my paperwork.

Thanks,
-Kareem

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The verification team will sort it out when they process your ride.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association