Rally Camera Recommendations

XPLSV

Premier Member
Time for me to purchase a new camera...probably been a decade since buying that last little Sony, which was nice. I found some recommendations from six months ago...probably been some new models released this past holiday season. Here's the list of cameras from the last thread:

• Fujifilm Finepix XP120

• Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4

• Nikon Coolpix S4300

• Nikon Coolpix AW100

• Nikon Coolpix S33
If anyone has any additional recommendations, I would appreciate to hear about them. Perhaps Santa brought you something nice this past Christmas?

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have the Nikon Coolpix S33, waterproof, and all the bells and whistles needed for rallies that do not accept phone pics. Easy to use and batteries last at least 11 days....

XPLSV

Premier Member
I have the Nikon Coolpix S33, waterproof, and all the bells and whistles needed for rallies that do not accept phone pics. Easy to use and batteries last at least 11 days....
Good to hear that battery figure...I was reading some reviews on a sales sight and folks had some conflicting battery statements about a different camera.

XPLSV

Premier Member
I have seen the Olympus current model is the TG-6, which has some pretty nice reviews...although I would say some of the extra features that might drive up the cost are a bit more nice-to-have than really a Rally-requirement. Another camera out there is the Ricoh WG-60 (as opposed to the Ricoh WG-6), which seems to have a nice price point.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I used the Fujifilm XP120 during the 2019 IBR. I had no issues with it and found it was easy to use with gloves on. Worked well in snow and rain, held its charge for almost the entire 11 days and also was very good value for money.

kscyclist

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I also used a Fujifilm camera but it was the XP130 which I think is just a newer version of the 120. No issues, I purchased a new one for the IBR and a refurbished one as a backup (almost 50% of new price). Easy to use and worked great the whole rally, I charged the batteries each night just to be safe but could of used multiple days without a charge. The reason I chose the 130 was it was the best balance of features, price and is waterproof which came in handy on last year's rally.

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have two Fujifilms, XP 90 and XP 100. Both waterproof, shock proof, and take nice photos. Naturally I got them at different times and failed to note each takes a different battery. No big thing, I just carry a fully charged spare for both. SD cards can be changed between them if need be.
Each less than $100 on Groupon.