Rally Participation

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
While you can often submit for a certificate ride from a rally you rode, you don't automatically get credit for a cert ride because you did a rally. You need to submit the paperwork and just put "ridden during the XXXX rally". The rally staff may be asked to verify this, depending on the type of ride. The JBR was "greater than 48 hours" but was not a certificate ride in and of itself. If you want a Gold or Insanity level certificate for miles ridden during the JBR, you'll need to identify what ride you met the qualifications for and submit a certificate request to the IBA like any other ride.

The only thing I can think of counter to the above is if the rally told you specifically that they would be submitting riders for a specific certificate as part of the rally. That has been done for some rallies in the past, IIRC.

It's easier if you were talking about a 24 hour rally and you rode over 1k miles during it. With odo checks, the rally staff could easily verify your mileage during the rally. I have submitted for certificates from miles ridden during a multi-day rally, but I specified a SS5K during a 5 day rally where I documented over 5k miles ridden. The BB1500 I submitted for during that rally I specified the dates and times, backed up with traditional dated gas pump receipts to document my start and end times.

Point being, if you're going to submit for a ride less than the full duration of the rally, you should have the documentation to prove that, just like any other ride.

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
While you can often submit for a certificate ride from a rally you rode, you don't automatically get credit for a cert ride because you did a rally.
Thanks, I figured as much but I thought I'd ask. I have gas receipts with odo readings for the entire rally so I should be able to identify some certified rides during the rally.