RBLR 2019 15/16 June (10th running)

Dave Rose

Dave Rose, my partner in crime is on holiday, and there is still a lot in the air really, especially which route we do. But personally, I think it would be great to ride with someone who has some experience in this kind of thing.

The only things are, we haven't committed yet, or planned, and I have about tank range of about 110 miles, so I can't commit to anything yet.

Personally though, I think riding with someone of your experience would be absolutely invaluable.
Thanks very much Quarky, I'm very flattered to be thought of in those terms!
I did the 500 mile route in 2017, 1,000 mile southern route in 2018 and in both of those years had trips to Belgium too for memorial events in Ypres. Also did a run to South Shields.
I'll post on here when I register, still some sweet talking to my wife to do yet!

Dave Rose

Hi Dave,

I see you have no takers to be your career for the ride! I also see you are from South Shields!

Well, I'm 67 and have a worrit Geordie Wife too. I have just done 14 days on the bike to Prague and up to Jonkoping in Sweden, 3,500 miles all by myself. For marital harmony, I stopped whisking blood products overnight from the RVI in Newcastle to Great Ormond Street in London on the hurry up!

I'm sorry to say I do not do IBA Certified Rides anymore because being retired I need to spend my petrol money more wisely but I did find a way to reassure SWMBO buy setting up a free to use tracker on my bike and she follows me in real time as I enjoy my adventures. She knows where I am (but not what I'm doing of course) however she does feel reassured and always asks me to switch on SWConnect (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swconnect/id815905559) and SpotWalla (https://spotwalla.com/). This may offer you a solution?

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave
Thanks for that Dave, I did a trip back up to Shields in July, shortly after this years RBLR1000 run, which was soon after my return from Belgium! Went up for my Uncles 80th birthday bash. It was great to see the old place again.
'Rubber Willy' is that little bear looking through my windshield! But that's another story.

Thanks for the info, I see it's for IOS but I am using a Samsung Galaxy with Android but I do have an app called 'Life360' but I need to figure out if she can use her iPad with this app.

Cheers and keep safe
Dave

Dave Rose

Dave Rose, my partner in crime is on holiday, and there is still a lot in the air really, especially which route we do. But personally, I think it would be great to ride with someone who has some experience in this kind of thing.

The only things are, we haven't committed yet, or planned, and I have about tank range of about 110 miles, so I can't commit to anything yet.

Personally though, I think riding with someone of your experience would be absolutely invaluable.
Hi again Quarky,
I've decided to do some volunteering this year, if they'll have me of course!
I'll have to contact Phil to discuss what the score is.

However, that would mean I'm up at Squires, or possibly out at a checkpoint for the Northern Route people so if you see me, or my bike, make sure to say hello.

The Bike

and the Man!

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi again Quarky,
I've decided to do some volunteering this year, if they'll have me of course!
I'll have to contact Phil to discuss what the score is.
That would be great Dave as many hands make light work :)

Go onto the event website and click on the 'helping out' tab at the top. That will then explain a bit about what we need and you can then click at the bottom of that page which will send me an email. I'll then reply and send you a detailed volunteers information pack.

Dave Rose

That would be great Dave as many hands make light work :)

Go onto the event website and click on the 'helping out' tab at the top. That will then explain a bit about what we need and you can then click at the bottom of that page which will send me an email. I'll then reply and send you a detailed volunteers information pack.
Thank you Mark, message sent.
Cheers
Dave